Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Touareglodites,

I just wanted to share a very brief good news story on a battery death and replacement. I bought my '04 V8 for the Mrs. in July 2014. Over the past year we've noticed that the battery was not all that it could be -- the car turned over but it's cold cranking strength was suspect. Well, this past Tuesday and Wednesday were the coldest days of the year so far. The Mrs. was out running errands (our 'reg is kept in a warm garage) and after cold soaking for a few hours decided it couldn't turn over. To make a long story short, I had it towed to my local Euro maintenance garage, and he had the battery replaced and the 'reg back on the road within a day and for 270 bucks including the new batt and labor. I would've done the job myself but figured that avoiding the whole unbolt the driver seat thing was well worth 90 labor bucks and 2-3 hours of my time (new batt around 170). OBTW -- the DIY battery replacement thread great -- showed exactly what needed to be done and motivated me to avoid it -- thanks! All's well that ends well :cool:

Rowdy

·
Registered
266 Posts
My battery started showing some weakness too so today I had it replaced at a local shop. It was at least 6 years old, so I guess it's all right. Like you, I was not looking forward a DIY! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts