2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Blownvette 
#1 ·
Cliff Notes:
- 140k mi
- Control box likely has water in it and the electronics are going haywire
- Needs brakes & likely vacuum pump
- $4k or I part it out
- Located in Valley Forge PA

It's sadly time to let this go due to the fact that I am not towing a trailer 80% of the time....while this has the power to do so I'm not a fan of replacing brakes every year.

I have loved this one for 5years and 90,000 miles. It was a 2-owner Florida car prior to me. If you're reading this far you probably know the specs on this but if not here they are:

MPG: 17 city / 23 highway

Towing capacity: 7,716 lbs

Horsepower: 310 hp

Torque: 553 lb-ft

Engine: 5.0 L V10 diesel

Curb weight: 5,825 lbs

Fuel tank capacity: 26.4 gal

4 Corner Air-Ride Suspension (selectable heights)

Tow Package

All in all the car is in good shape, it does show signs of it's age and mileage cosmetically. A few dents in the hood from acorns and the wheels could use a refinish but overall the paint and body panels are in great shape. The one downside about this year was that it had "soft touch" buttons which were prone to peeling and revealing the white plastic underneath, overall the dash buttons are in good shape, however the rear climate controls are the worst.

All documented service work can be provided. I recently changed out a front air strut and it has an upcoming oil and fuel filter change.

Now for the bad:

- At the moment the car will need to be towed (can likely be driven up on to a trailer.) All of the electronics went haywire last night which leads me to believe water got into the control box which is a known issue in these Touaregs. Likely it will just need to be dried out and some wires re-connected. If you search you will see many forum posts on this issue.

- Needs brakes (pads/rotors)

- The tandem vacuum pump is also likely on it's way out, however it could also be a combination of needing brakes and possibly the vacuum lines even though I had them replaced awhile back.

- There is a suspension squeak (having my mechanic check this)

- The climate controls don't show the temp/fan unless you push on the plastic bezel around the screen. (easy to find replacements and replace)

At the end of the day if you know about this Touareg you know what makes it special and you also know the costs associated with keeping one of these going, which could easily go 300k miles. This one just needs some love and attention and shes good to go!

*Cargo box not included in sale

** Interior picture is not my actual car but interior is identical to one shown.

I will be spending some time getting it cleaned up and more pictures over the next few days.

I'm going to start at $4k, for this even in current state is a good price, if it doesn't go at this price I will part it out.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Sorry updated the FB listing not this one. Here are some, I can grab more tomorrow as I'll be over there. Yes it ran fine when the batteries were fully charged, I put it on a trickle the night before the tow truck came in the am and it started right up with no codes and drove right up onto the tow. I didn't take it for a long drive because I wasn't sure of the issue at that point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.