Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
04 V10 owner for a little over a year now. Performed some needed repairs, maintenance, and some minor mods when I got it and it has been a pleasure to drive on the road and off ever since. I put some aggressive wheels and tires on it for a couple of months last winter for the weather and to do some luxury wheeling with heated steering wheel and seats on the trails. Lol, I thought I had it made when I was in a hardtop Sidekick after a Samurai. However, I appreciate the v10s on road capabilities much more than its off road and will probably save the 4wheeling for something else(Suzukis). The Touareg is too nice for me to risk turning into a raisin. I love diesels, they power the majority of the vehicles I own.

Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. I actually picked up Ross-Tech cable as part of a deal for another car about a month ago, although I have only played with it once since then.
I live near Sylva, NC but travel I40 and I77 often, we have 2 little ones and the grandparents are in Elkin and Sparta. I don't make it to Mooresville often but I have been to a few good breweries nearby.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple of pics

Couple of pics from last winter. I will be sure to get some action shots if I put them back on this year but thinking about selling and getting something else for winter
It has ridden on 22s the PO put on most of the time I have owned it. I didn't care for them at first because I live on a gravel road but the road cornering is too awesome to give up especially in the mountains. Might try some 20s at some point for little extra sidewall. This thing is so heavy the tires make a huge difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are Kanati Trail Hogs LT265/70r17, load range E with 3 ply sidewall. Their tread pattern looks similar to a goodyear Duratrac.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks Mike. I actually picked up Ross-Tech cable as part of a deal for another car about a month ago, although I have only played with it once since then.
I live near Sylva, NC but travel I40 and I77 often, we have 2 little ones and the grandparents are in Elkin and Sparta. I don't make it to Mooresville often but I have been to a few good breweries nearby.
Crazy world. I used to live in Sylva. About 5 miles from WNC off Helen Zachary. I now live in Kentucky. Your 'egg looks great!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats Blurple90 on your V10! I've wanted one for a long time and am just starting to look again. It's good to see that they're still around and kicking! How many miles does your 04 have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, it is rarely that clean though, lol. I am between Sylva and Franklin, great area but the smoke from wildfires has been really heavy the past couple of weeks.

She just passed 150k miles last night. We bought it Sept/Oct last year with about 134k, if i remember correctly. There are definitely some still out there. The one I was looking at buying before this was in Colorado and had 250k miles on it but it didn't have Teak interior. This is the wife's daily driver and she had to have that interior. So, found this one in OKC and drove out to get it.
It was from a private seller and had always been serviced at a Vw stealership with records, so naturally it had multiple problems, some of which were so simple and obvious I was able to identify and fix the first time I opened the hood. Funny, because the guy had just picked it up from having the oil changed and the batteries replaced the day before, he gave me the receipt.

I have a W8 as well! Silver with black interior 6mt wagon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a W8 as well! Silver with black interior 6mt wagon.
I really miss my W8. It was the best car I have owned. I think that's what draws me to the V10, I really enjoyed and miss the uniqueness and blend of power/luxury.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those fires are horrible right now. When I picked up my teg, I drove through 40, and 75 to get back to Kentucky. The visibility was horrible! I hope they catch all these bastards doing this.

This was in Tennessee.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello Blurple90 and MikeN. I stay in Hickory, but am from the swamps of Robeson County. I spend much of my leisure time roving the back roads and mountainsides of western NC, looking for scenic photo opportunities that this beautiful area offer. I occasionally take day trips along Asheville to Sylva or along the Blue Ridge Parkway or Cherokee, where I have friends. Your V10 must be something very special! The V10 grilles & emblems are the most attractive I have seen on any water cooled Volkswagen and are reminiscent of the class of an early Karmann Ghia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts