Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched a million threads on here and google, and have heard that there is a new Driver side wiper arm to replace the original from smearing.

I can't locate a part number or source for this repair, and with the smear, you can barely see out of the window when the wiper comes down.

Does anyone know where I can find the new wiper arm part number? And where I can buy it (besides dealer)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you asked your local dealer for the part number or looked up the part number for the arm?

It's not a daft question. When VW upgrade parts or change suppliers they add a suffix letter.

Look on your existing arm for the part number. Then compare that with the current offering out of the parts department to see if the suffix letter has been added and what that letter is.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
did you change the windscreen lately

or

did you buy new complete wiper blade units ??

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The more usual issue with Touareg wipers is that the nearside blade does not fully clean the screen at the bottom of that wiper's sweep because the top half of the blade doesn't touch the screen.

In this case you would need to remove the arm and carefully grease the pantograph.

The wiper arms are buggers to get off usually!

Make sure you have the right tool to do the job from the outset BEFORE you start!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.