Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just aquired a 2004 Touareg and we are loving the vehicle, but there is one thing kind of driving us insane. Every once in a while we go to unlock the doors and the Keyfob doesn't work remotely. No matter what we do it just will not unlock the doors. If we put in the key and turn then the doors will unlock and allow entry, but the alarm lights are still flashing. Again the key fob will do nothing to disable the alarm.

So we go to start the vehicle with the key and it starts right up, but then the alarm goes off. So now the vehicle is running with the key in the ignition with the alarm going off. If you press the unlock on the keyfob with the key in the ignition it still won't work, but if you turn the car off, pull out the key and hit the unlock then the alarm turns off as normal.

It's annoying, embarrassing, and generally stupid.

I read in the manual trying to figure this out that the remote entry system will disable if the car sits for several days and is draining the battery, but this is happeneing even just eating dinner. Is this a common problem? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you tried replacing the battery in your key fob? I had a problem similar to that last winter. My fob wouldn't unlock the doors so I had to open the doors with the key and the alarm would go off until I started it up. Replacing the battery in my key fob fixed it for me. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have replaced the batterries in the key fob. I don't think it's a issue with the key fob becuase the instant the treg is turned on and then off the keyfob will work again from all the places it wouldn't 10 seconds earlier. It's like the reciever on the vehicle is simply shutting off.

I just don't know why or how to fix it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine was doing the exact same thing. After KESSY replacement all good, issue has not returned. Sounds like your KESSY has gone bad. There's a thread on here about how to rebuild it. Usually it's a couple of bad MOSFETS and resistors. I've successfully refurbished my old unit. If anyone is interested in having me rebuild theirs PM me.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Mine was doing the exact same thing. After KESSY replacement all good, issue has not returned. Sounds like your KESSY has gone bad. There's a thread on here about how to rebuild it. Usually it's a couple of bad MOSFETS and resistors. I've successfully refurbished my old unit. If anyone is interested in having me rebuild theirs PM me.
Little question: If it is rebuilt, will it be a slap back in affair with no recoding of any kind to worry about?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Little question: If it is rebuilt, will it be a slap back in affair with no recoding of any kind to worry about?
Yes, if rebuilt there's no need to take to the dealer to re-program. Simply re-install into the car and away you go!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am not sure if you still use this but I am trying to your statement to message if we need help fixing the kessy. I can't get my fob to show the LED lights now so I think it may be completely dead but if it's the kessy I am going to need a hand please.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.