Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2005 V6 3.2 Touareg, and the airbag warning light is ON. I have it checked it and the code is 01217 which is Driver side airbag fault- upper limit exceeded. I am trying to fix it by myself with repairing the harness which is recommended by many users in here. My question is that I need 0.5mm wire(~24 gauge) to connect the wires, so what kind of wire I can use for it? I went to RadioShack today, but there were couple different wires such as intercom, stereo, copper, etc.. Is there any idea for that? Can I use 22 gauge wire instead of 24?

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
The smaller gauge wire is the minimum size to take the required current. Using a slightly bigger guage is fine but don't go smaller.

Stuart...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The smaller gauge wire is the minimum size to take the required current. Using a slightly bigger guage is fine but don't go smaller.

Stuart...
Thank you, Hedditch! Any type of wire is OK? and I checked the butt connectors in the stores, but they have 22 gauge one as the biggest size. If I buy 24 gauge, can I use 22 gauge connector? Sorry about stupid questions, I don't want to mess up things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts