Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have just purchased my first Touraeg 3 days ago and so far very impressed. Was towing my 21 ft van 2700 kg ATM with an F15 X5 but tyre and tow weight will be an issue in future. Tried to get a Hayman Reece kit fitted but informed they have been withdrawn from sale by HR due to Lane Departure wiring issues. Now have booked car in with dealer who says they use the Westfalier system which appears to be a hidden system with removable goose neck. I need 500mm to top of ball for flat tow and cannot find out if this will work. Has anybody used this system or have any advice for me. A second dealer has never fitted a tow bar to a new Reg..

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
58 Posts
Unless there has been a change in the last few months, the dealer fit is a conventional towbar made by Westfalia with a removable 50mm hitch. It is largely hidden, but is not the pivoting Euro system.
To the top of my towball sitting in the garage is at 480mm. That's after driving with the air siuspension in Comfort mode and I'm not sure if it chanages on parking the car.

There is a longish thread here on CR towbar fitting and coding MY21 Touareg CR Towbar Install & Coding. The thread includes photos of the installation.

It is expensive, about $2300 all up, but it's almost worth it just for the towball reversing mode in the parking system - but there's a lot more the VW module does than that

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,716 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. And Wolfy I think 480 will work fine. Being a tandem it needs to sit flat of course, and I’m still working out the adjustable air system. I will post some pics shortly, but the quietness of the ride, helped no doubt by proper tyres is impressive. First impressions are the ride and handling are significantly better than the X5, but the power delivery and gear changes are inferior. The infotainment systems and massive screen are awesome, and I will enjoy them more when I can figure them all out!!!
Hopefully the VW install will work ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts