Club Touareg Forums

Club Touareg Forums (https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/)
-   Gasoline Engine, Electric Hybrid and Powertrain | V6, V8, W12, FSI (https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f92/)
-   -   Batteries in 2005 Touareg V8 (https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f92/batteries-in-2005-touareg-v8-79913.html)

AustinG 10-23-2012 12:35 PM

Batteries in 2005 Touareg V8

I have repaced battery under drivers seat, only took 55 mins but want to know exactly where the second battery in the cargo area is and unable to find it by simple visual check, must have to undo something to get to it. Does any one have any idea.

Austin in Nanaimo, BC:D

LocoLobo 10-23-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinG (Post 374256)
I have repaced battery under drivers seat, only took 55 mins but want to know exactly where the second battery in the cargo area is and unable to find it by simple visual check, must have to undo something to get to it. Does any one have any idea.

Austin in Nanaimo, BC:D

V8's only had one battery. The V10 had two.

noobytoogy 10-23-2012 02:20 PM

As above - only the V10 had two as standard.

AustinG 10-23-2012 03:19 PM

Thank you for replies, my dealer must have been telling tales when he said I had 2. Although have found out that it was an option to have an auxillery battery installed for additional power acc.

LOtouareg 10-23-2012 04:29 PM

An incompetent dealer? You don't say.

Patr80l 10-23-2012 05:15 PM

Its easy to fit a second battery. They fit under/inside the spare wheel.

noobytoogy 10-24-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinG (Post 374287)
Thank you for replies, my dealer must have been telling tales when he said I had 2. Although have found out that it was an option to have an auxillery battery installed for additional power acc.

As above then - look under the spare wheel. Some people did fit a second battery if they were into towing vans.

Huggaduck 11-04-2012 05:55 PM

Why a second battery in V8

I read all the replies to the person looking for the second battery in the V8. I deduced from all I read that there is only one from the manual. My question is: Why would there be a need for a second battery. One reply seems to indicate they installed one.

Thank you,
PS: I am having battery problems, does not seem to hold a charge but replacing with new tomorrow?

noobytoogy 11-04-2012 06:04 PM

The V10 was the only Touareg fitted with two batteries as standard because it had so many electrically operated extras: one battery dealt with starting it, the other with the goodies on board.

Here's a how-to on battery replacement if you need it:

Changing the battery - myTreg forums

grateful_carl 11-04-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggaduck (Post 376400)
I read all the replies to the person looking for the second battery in the V8. I deduced from all I read that there is only one from the manual. My question is: Why would there be a need for a second battery. One reply seems to indicate they installed one.

Thank you,
PS: I am having battery problems, does not seem to hold a charge but replacing with new tomorrow?

Many diesels have two batteries due to the tremendous load starting a diesel takes from a battery; my F250 diesel has two Type 31 batteries that need changing every three or four years. The V8 has many of the same electronics as the V10 so its not about the electronics...