V6 TDI DPF/NoX cat delete - Page 6 - Club Touareg Forums
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 81 Old 01-24-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Scubacruiser's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Posts: 993
Thanks: 12
Thanked 54 Times in 52 Posts
That's it, I'm installing another DPF...

"Callie" - 2013 Touareg TDI Execline, Cool Silver on Titan black
"Sophie" - 2010 Touareg TDI Highline, Campanella white on Anthracite - sold back to VW
"Celeste" - 2009 Eos 2.0T DSG Lux, Candy white on Anthracite
"Simone" - 2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, HID projectors
"Rocinante" - 1990 JDM HDJ81 Toyota Landcruiser turbodiesel, 5 speed, RHD
Scubacruiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 81 Old 01-24-2019
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Madrid, Spain.
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
You are right.
We'd better install one onto our new auxiliary heaters.
Gabs14Trg is offline  
post #53 of 81 Old 01-24-2019 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast
 
Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Vancouver BC
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Posts: 399
Thanks: 3
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Garage
We’ve got a ‘72 Hyster forklift with a Perkins diesel in it, I bet it pollutes more than half the TDIs on here combined. I should probably put a DPF on it as well.

I should put one on my Onan generator as well. That should balance out any “extra” emissions from my Touareg.

'81 Rabbit S 16vG60 | '01 A6 2.7TT 6MT | '15 Touareg TDI Exec R-line

- OEM air suspension retrofit
- OEM parking heater retrofit
- OEM Easy-Open hatch retrofit
- OEM ambient lighting retrofit
chewblekka is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to chewblekka For This Useful Post:
toothmaster123 (01-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 81 Old 01-24-2019
Junior Member
 
yamajet's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Second Vehicle: Other
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Some valid arguments, but WOW what a crazy Ivan turn off the tracks we have taken here. Apparently hackles are up and for further entertainment and provocation....

What should be done about those owners with <2012 models, that for some reason, have chosen to keep their vehicles vice returning them to VW? Or those with 2013 and later who have elected not to apply the EPA/CARB approved emissions modification?

I don’t care what someone drives or what they do to it.
Drive a hybrid, gasser, diesel, electric, whatever suits them. If primary concern is emissions, perhaps a choice other than a TDI is appropriate.

And what of those that keep their gasser vehicle in a
barely running state or those with under inflated tires. What of their pollution contribution?

Don’t recall starting it but it has been an interesting dialogue.

Over and out..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yamajet is offline  
post #55 of 81 Old 01-24-2019
Touareg Enthusiast
 
Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Reading PA
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 195
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnits View Post
Translation: I don't have a counterargument, but I don't want to admit you're right either, because then I'd have to admit I'm doing the wrong thing. I get it.


Your theory would only make sense if emission standards couldn't have been possibly met. But with things like DPF they are. So, nobody's getting money from this. In reality the opposite is true what you're implying. Money is the reason why are NOT having even stricter emission standards. Because that would mean companies would have to spend a lot more on R&D, they could make and sell less products (or only cars with smaller engines, for obviously less money), big oil's sales would plummet, etc.


We already did. Have you been living under a rock for the past century? The problem is not that we have not found other ways, but that people refuse to adopt those technologies. Like by saying stuff that "all these emissions requirements are a FU$$ING joke".


Did you know that lithium is actually used also as a medication for humans?


We've already figured out that one too: recycling, and not creating that much waste in the first place. But even if we wouldn't have, that would be just one more reason to cut emissions and waste the more where we can, like with DPFs and similar stuff.


They're essential steps to reach a goal gradually. Which is mostly hindered by naysayers asserting that if we can't change things gradually or every one of us do his little part that adds up, then we shouldn't even try in the first place.


It's not. For ex. the US emits twice as much CO2 than India, even in absolute terms. And per capita the US emits 2x as much as does China, and 9x as much as India. These are the actual facts.
Did I stutter? Take your rhetoric and shove it! You have no facts. And you’re a hypocrite driving a diesel Touareg, any Touareg for that matter. You europoors want socialism so bad you’ll import the third world to come replace you as you try to make countries like mine pay for your environmental programs. See my link for one example as to how your “facts” are flawed as is your reasoning behind why you get so assmad about someone removing the flawed dpf system in these vehicles.

https://www.vfa-solutions.com/en/air-quality-yale
04_sti is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 04_sti For This Useful Post:
toothmaster123 (01-25-2019)
post #56 of 81 Old 01-25-2019
Touareg Enthusiast
 
Touareg: 2008 R5 TDI
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Europe
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 393
Thanks: 16
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
Did I stutter? Take your rhetoric and shove it!
I already told you I accept your admission of not having any logical argument. Why do you keep repeating it? Do you think saying "shove it" repeatedly (or even once) will somehow magically make you "win" this argument, and not just prove more and more that you have nothing on your side? Why would you think that? Why would you have to keep falling back over and over to cussing and calling names if you could actually argue rationally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
You have no facts.
You not acknowledging the facts don't make them any less of a fact. It just makes obvious that you're not aware of them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
And you’re a hypocrite driving a diesel Touareg, any Touareg for that matter.
Yeah, that has been already addressed too. Feel free to read back! And even if I would be a hypocrite, it would still not invalidate the points I made about the DPF, and still wouldn't change the fact that you calling me a hypocrite is just another logical fallacy. Well, actually two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
You europoors want socialism so bad
How many times do I have to tell you, that I accept your admission of not having a rational argument for what you say? You don't have to come up with newer and newer logical fallacies - like this ad hominem attack - to prove that you're incapable of a logical discussion. We get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_sti View Post
why you get so assmad
There's obviously only one person being mad here. And that's you. Which is completely understandable, considering that you cling on to arguments you definitely have no rationale for. Well, other than "I want it that way, because of reasons", of course.
Gnits is offline  
post #57 of 81 Old 01-25-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
TurboABA's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: KW, ON, Canada
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Posts: 937
Thanks: 1
Thanked 40 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamajet View Post
.... WOW what a crazy Ivan turn .....
Such a good movie..... maybe I'll watch it again tonight.... classic!
TurboABA is offline  
post #58 of 81 Old 01-25-2019
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sea to Sky
Posts: 65
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post
Such a good movie..... maybe I'll watch it again tonight.... classic!
Give me one ping Vaseilli. One ping only please.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
WolverineFW is offline  
post #59 of 81 Old 01-25-2019
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 51
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gnits is sounding like one of these super- green kraut hypocrites! for sure voting for merkel, some socialists or/ and the greens; gnits, are you a member of the duh (german enviromental help organization)? and also supporting the vegan movement in their task to save the world?
I personally think we all should drive our Touaregs the way we want it and have a nice steak!!!
toothmaster123 is offline  
post #60 of 81 Old 01-25-2019
Junior Member
 
Nascarmark's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Cariboo, B.C. Canada
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
lol. I read through this whole thread. Everyone has some good points. Some facts & some guesses.

Yes, the USA is top 3 of world polluters and as pointed out, top per capita. With that said, I don't have a problem with someone removing emission components to prolong their engine life ( and yes it will ) & gain fuel mileage, even if it is a small amount. Bottom line is better fuel mileage means one is burning less fuel period. That never seems to be brought up in these discussions. Burning less has a bigger effect in total. Less the refineries have to run, less the pipelines have to push, less the big tankers have to deliver the fuels to the pumping stations, less out of ones pocket. It all adds up. The electric cars may not pollute but it sure does take a lot of polluting to make the batteries for these cars & the batteries will have to be changed out at least once for the life of the car. Not to mention most countries have to either burn fossil fuels to make their power to supply charging power for them. So they are not as friendly to the environment as the gov wants you to believe. But then again, the figures are the electric car will cost one upwards of 7 times as much in the life of the car as it's equal in a gas or diesel vehicle. Gov makes more $ on taxes, right.

Years ago when Ford came out with the 6.4L Power Joke, their trucks on average got 9mpg.....sure it had every pollution control gizmo one could shake a stick at. California EPA should be proud of themselves. The engine needed over twice the amount of fuel to go the same distance as a same size Dodge Cummins or Dmax.
So the EPA pencil pushers can't see the forest through the tree's. What ever they say the expectable emissions level that the 6.4L diesel engine put out, facts are it put out over 2x the amount because it would use over 2x the amount of fuel to go the same distance as their competitors engines. But hey that's ok or over looked because it is a North American made engine. Then the EPA goes after VW for polluting on their smaller engines that get 30+mpg & as much as 50+.

I'm in the diesel business & these are facts. Think about this for a second. That's upwards as much as almost 6x less fuel needed for the VW's to go the same distance as the Power Joke at the time. That's almost 6x more pollution figures as the EPA says the Power Joke puts out. If they were serious about pollution figures, testing would be based on mileage & amount of fuel used for a given distance. But hey, the gov makes more $ because more fuel gets bought right. And by the way, all the big 3 in N.America have been caught too, among others, cheating the software/EPA testing but you don't hear about that do you. If they paid as much in fines & damage, the big 3 would have to fold. Well because they are N.American companies, that's not going to happen. Right.

So it's more about the $ for the gov than the health risks. Carbon tax is just that...tax. Another way to milk the common folk of their hard earned $. Plan & simple. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for everyone to be rolling coal or ignoring the facts that we are slowly polluting our planet. I'm just pointing out the facts the gov doesn't seem to be serious about taking the steps to help clean up the biggest things polluting our planet.
Built4Sin likes this.

2009 Touareg Highline 3.0L V6 TDI
Nascarmark is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Nascarmark For This Useful Post:
toothmaster123 (01-25-2019)
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

VW Touareg News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Touareg news in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]