Transmission-Hard Down Shift - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #61 of 296 Old 10-05-2008

Hello All, The VW dealer has replaced the <body valve> and I have been running for the past 2 to 3 weeks without getting the problem (used to drop from 5th to 3rd). I will keep an eye on it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 296 Old 10-10-2008

I only read one complaint about hard down shifting from 2nd to 1st. I just recently started feeling this , but it's more of a hard down shift and the rpm drops further than normal then returns to it's proper position and this is where I get the weird downshift. Has anybody else expirience this, if so what seem to fix the problem.

Thanks.
post #63 of 296 Old 10-14-2008

transmission

I have a 2006 touareg v8 and it has been in the shop 9 times for the same problems, it also lunges forward when breaking to a stop and has a dead area when accelerating onto the highway. but, it is intermittent. Both these situations are extremely dangerous. First they told me this is the way the car runs or they couldn't duplicate the problem. then the service rep was able to duplicate the problem and the transmission was"fixed", problem restarted and the transmission was totally replaced, the problem restarted and the system was rebooted and once again the problem has restarted.......go to www.lemonlawsusa.com to see other people with the same problem. they are filing a class action against vw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 296 Old 04-26-2009

I just want to confirm that replacing the <body valve> was the Solution, it's been running well since then, since 08/2008
post #65 of 296 Old 07-04-2009

Had exactly the same problem. Reset computer-no better. Turned out to need a replacement valve body. Now drives perfectly...
post #66 of 296 Old 07-04-2009
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Got a '04 V6, had it almost a year, it has done a similar thing a couple times in the past, then this afternoon rolling up the onramp to the highway, slowed down then hit it and bang, like getting rear ended. Good to hear that reprogram helps and new valve body should fix it, as long it hasn't damaged anything else in the drive line.
Now I just have to wait until next month when I win the lawsuit against the dealer from whom I bought the car for the warranty he advertised included in the price but neglected to include, then report the problem to the dealer.

James

'2010 Treg v6TDIComforline (Burgundy, anthracite leather)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 Jetta GL
'90 325i (sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'79 Yamaha XS750 Special (for sale)
'67.5 Datsun 2000 (keeper)(original owner)

'78 Cobalt 19CD (sold)

'89 Cobalt 21'CC (in the driveway)
post #67 of 296 Old 07-04-2009

Touareg: 2004 V8
i have the same problem, but the dealer keeps telling me nothing is wrong and its normal. Telling me they need a fault code in order to do anything.
post #68 of 296 Old 08-18-2009

Touareg: 2004 R5 TDI
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parazer View Post
I only read one complaint about hard down shifting from 2nd to 1st. I just recently started feeling this , but it's more of a hard down shift and the rpm drops further than normal then returns to it's proper position and this is where I get the weird downshift. Has anybody else expirience this, if so what seem to fix the problem.

Thanks.
Hi all. I have an '08 (30K miles)that is downshifting really hard (intermittently) from 2nd to 1st as well.

Has anyone figured this one out? Dealer gave me some speech about how the computer adjusts to how you drive or some crap like that. Doesn't add up.

Thanks!
post #69 of 296 Old 08-18-2009

we've had problems with the up-shifting, had delays but never noticed down shifting. took the service mgr for a ride and he was a little surprised. we were out a car for 5 weeks because vw had the dealer try other fixes before okaying the new transmission at 60k miles. funny thing is, all other previous problems (many electrical) have all disappeared. thank god for that. hope you guys still have your warranties or aftermarket ones to cover the work. good luck.
post #70 of 296 Old 08-20-2009

Touareg: 2004 V8
Hello everyone just wanted to comment on this whole transmission shifting issue. I was talking to one reliable vw audi mechanic and he figures that this shifting issue should not be from a faulty valve body. I know most replaced theirs and have not had a problem since but he figures if the transmission is slipping gears causing a sudden jerk or thud that it is quite possible it is a pressure problem with the vacuum lines. To make a long story short when you suddenly floor the gas pedal there should be a certain amount of pressure to accommodate the sudden torque to give a smooth shifting experience and this pressure does not arrive right away causing a delay and a sudden jerk or thud. Tell what you guys think!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode