Touareg V10 tdi - Club Touareg Forums
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-24-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
martman's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2005 V10 TDI
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Unhappy Touareg V10 tdi

Hello, we've been in the garden for a long time with a stationary Touareg. This is a 2005 V10 TDI model. It is not possible to start and communicate with the engine control unit with diagnostics. We don't know if there is a problem in the cables, or the control unit is bad. When you put the key in the ignition, the green brake light comes on, nothing happens when you press it. But when the key goes back, the display time is reset. If anyone had experience with it I would be grateful for any advice. Next, the battery discharges us and we have stiff el. turbo flap. If anyone knew if it was fixable and how much it would cost too much, I would be glad. We have a car in the family since 2006 and we would be very sorry if we had to throw it into scrap. So far, all the mistakes have been fixed, but we really don't know what to do with this. Daddy is allergic to Touareg. Thank you in advance for your answers.
martman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Addict
 
Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maitland Australia
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Posts: 2,549
Thanks: 10
Thanked 92 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martman View Post
Hello, we've been in the garden for a long time with a stationary Touareg. This is a 2005 V10 TDI model. It is not possible to start and communicate with the engine control unit with diagnostics. We don't know if there is a problem in the cables, or the control unit is bad. When you put the key in the ignition, the green brake light comes on, nothing happens when you press it. But when the key goes back, the display time is reset. If anyone had experience with it I would be grateful for any advice. Next, the battery discharges us and we have stiff el. turbo flap. If anyone knew if it was fixable and how much it would cost too much, I would be glad. We have a car in the family since 2006 and we would be very sorry if we had to throw it into scrap. So far, all the mistakes have been fixed, but we really don't know what to do with this. Daddy is allergic to Touareg. Thank you in advance for your answers.
WTF daddy is allergic to the Touareg?
🤒😷🤕

Regards
Drag
dragline1570 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 04-05-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Central, PA USA
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 19
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
When you turn the key on do you see the check engine light come on?

I'll assume that you have a power tilt steering column. Do you hear it unlock or does it turn when the key is on?

There are actually 2 ECU's in this vehicle, one for each bank of 5 cylinders.

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
yrktreg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 04-05-2019
Touareg Guru
 
noobytoogy's Avatar
 
Touareg: Still looking
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brexit Central, England
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 20,169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 559 Times in 486 Posts
And if I recall aright one is a slave to the other and once they have been set up as master and slave they cannot be changed. Probably pointless info at this stage but you never know it might be useful one day!

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
followed by what you seek
noobytoogy is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 04-05-2019
Learner
 
Singh's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Posts: 4,577
Thanks: 23
Thanked 64 Times in 60 Posts
Simple diagnostic steps perhaps.
Brake light switch working? Condition of batteries?
Whats the history, any mods made to electricals ?
What happened when last it was running...

V8 TDI R line MY15, White, Panoramic roof, VW towbar. Dynamic Road Sign Recognition, Lane Assist, Traffic Reports, Google Earth enabled. All Led.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.
Singh is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Central, PA USA
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 19
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobytoogy View Post
And if I recall aright one is a slave to the other and once they have been set up as master and slave they cannot be changed. Probably pointless info at this stage but you never know it might be useful one day!
You sir are correct.

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
yrktreg is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Central, PA USA
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 19
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Simple diagnostic steps perhaps.
Brake light switch working? Condition of batteries?
Whats the history, any mods made to electricals ?
What happened when last it was running...
No comms with the ecu isn't a good sign, hence why I asked the questions I did.

Leads to either bad ecu, or bad kessy

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
yrktreg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: For Sale: 2007 VW Touareg V10 TDI Skunkape Classifieds 7 12-09-2012 05:28 AM
For Sale: 2006 Touareg V10 TDI vasya1905 Classifieds 0 06-16-2012 01:24 AM
For Sale: 2004 Touareg V10 TDI Black / Grey Leather v10treg Classifieds 6 12-29-2010 08:01 PM
For Sale: 2004 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI turbofroggy Classifieds 8 10-13-2010 10:55 PM
'04 Touareg V10 TDI, 55K mi, Excellent Shape! Boder Classifieds Archive 0 09-11-2010 08:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

VW Touareg News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Touareg news in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]