Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragline1570 View Post
You need the DieselGeek repair kit.

Drag

Drag, had a look and ????

The site states NOT for V6 TDI (in the section headed Installation):

"Confirmed fitment for aluminum intake manifold 03L 129 711E on 2.0 liter four cylinder Common Rail TDI diesel engines (pictured on far right above). Not meant for V6 TDI."

aluminium: https://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_Rep.../egr-p2015.htm

Black Plastic: Innovative repair bracket for Common Rail TDI fault code P2015 intake manifold flap; implausible signal for black plastic manifold

Any more suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 03-22-2017
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalliance View Post
Drag, had a look and ????

The site states NOT for V6 TDI (in the section headed Installation):

"Confirmed fitment for aluminum intake manifold 03L 129 711E on 2.0 liter four cylinder Common Rail TDI diesel engines (pictured on far right above). Not meant for V6 TDI."

aluminium: https://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_Rep.../egr-p2015.htm

Black Plastic: Innovative repair bracket for Common Rail TDI fault code P2015 intake manifold flap; implausible signal for black plastic manifold

Any more suggestions?

Yea it doesn't jump out at you on the site but.
https://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_Rep...2015-v6tdi.htm

Regards
Drag
post #33 of 50 Old 03-22-2017

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Thanks,

Found it at;

https://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_cod...TDI_s/1921.htm

Ouch, but US$128 (= A$166) is still cheaper than ....

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 50 Old 03-22-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
I'm confused. If you have a warranty, why isn't this repair covered?
Yes, it is covered but the dealer who sold it to me are doing a wait and see thing it seems. They cleared the error code drove around for an hour, the light didn't come back on so they said, just come back if it comes back on and we will do further investigation. They said if there is an engine problem it is covered by warranty. They cleared error code 13 days ago, it hasn't come back on.....yet.

Touareg 2011 V6 TDI - Deisel
post #35 of 50 Old 03-22-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
And I agree with nickyt

Go back to the Ford dealer and insist that the car be repaired under the 3 month Statutory Warranty.

I don't know which State MsHannah is in but this is the Victoria Legalisation. Other States have similar Legalisation.
https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/moto...car/warranties
I'm in Sydney, NSW, thanks.

post #36 of 50 Old 03-22-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
In my 2011, the check engine light turned itself off today and my jaw dropped, such a constant companion of my journeys it has been! The car has always run great, give or take some NOx emissions 😀
The Engine light going out would be a good thing, you would think..

post #37 of 50 Old 03-23-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Garage
Seems like this is well covered by now, but I'll throw in my two cents -

1. As @JimJ said, if the light comes back on, take it to VW. Don't just stop at getting the code readout and report, get a full estimate for repair also.

2. Then go to the Ford dealer, and show them the estimate and report. If the selling dealer is responsible for the repair, and the repair is covered under warranty, there should be nothing preventing the Ford dealer from contracting the repair to VW - press them to do exactly this. The money passes through the Ford dealer to VW - Ford isn't going to make a dime on a warranty repair anyway. They have plenty of Fords to repair as it is.

The reasoning is, VW Touareg TDIs are special beasts. I would not trust a non-VW dealer to repair a VW vehicle, least of all one that's designed by VW's master engineers to fool regulatory agencies worldwide. That, and a VW dealer will have the experience to complete the repair (certainly a Sydney VW dealer has done many such repairs by now) and the correct diagnostic equipment to validate the fix, probably with a lower chance of screwing something else up in the process. Clearly your Ford dealer doesn't want to be in the business of fixing your VW over and over, and neither do you want to see the Ford service manager more than you see your new Touareg.

At the very least, find a good independent VW mechanic who has experience working on the 3.0L TDI and strongly encourage the Ford dealer contract out to them.

They're great vehicles, and hopefully you've seen the last of this particular issue. My 2010 Touareg has been a trustworthy Sherpa, always ready when I need it and totally reliable - I hope the rest of your ownership experience is similarly enjoyable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stabone33 For This Useful Post:
MsHannah (03-24-2017)
post #38 of 50 Old 03-24-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabone33 View Post
Seems like this is well covered by now, but I'll throw in my two cents -

1. As @JimJ said, if the light comes back on, take it to VW. Don't just stop at getting the code readout and report, get a full estimate for repair also.

2. Then go to the Ford dealer, and show them the estimate and report. If the selling dealer is responsible for the repair, and the repair is covered under warranty, there should be nothing preventing the Ford dealer from contracting the repair to VW - press them to do exactly this. The money passes through the Ford dealer to VW - Ford isn't going to make a dime on a warranty repair anyway. They have plenty of Fords to repair as it is.

The reasoning is, VW Touareg TDIs are special beasts. I would not trust a non-VW dealer to repair a VW vehicle, least of all one that's designed by VW's master engineers to fool regulatory agencies worldwide. That, and a VW dealer will have the experience to complete the repair (certainly a Sydney VW dealer has done many such repairs by now) and the correct diagnostic equipment to validate the fix, probably with a lower chance of screwing something else up in the process. Clearly your Ford dealer doesn't want to be in the business of fixing your VW over and over, and neither do you want to see the Ford service manager more than you see your new Touareg.

At the very least, find a good independent VW mechanic who has experience working on the 3.0L TDI and strongly encourage the Ford dealer contract out to them.

They're great vehicles, and hopefully you've seen the last of this particular issue. My 2010 Touareg has been a trustworthy Sherpa, always ready when I need it and totally reliable - I hope the rest of your ownership experience is similarly enjoyable.
Thanks Stabone33 for reading through my disjointed comments to work out my issue. At this point (removed error 10/3/17) 15 days later the light still has not come back on, I'm hoping this is a good sign, as if there were major problems it would have come back on by now? hmm right. I like your advise if light come back on to go to my local VW mechanic get read out and quote. The Ford group I bought it off said "If the light comes back on, we'll book it in and check it out". They also said that they would want to do the work because they can do it cheaper (Ford guy said this). If the issue did come back up again do I have right to say I want my local VW mechanic to fix it? Just trying to think ahead here.
post #39 of 50 Old 03-24-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
And I agree with nickyt

Go back to the Ford dealer and insist that the car be repaired under the 3 month Statutory Warranty.

I don't know which State MsHannah is in but this is the Victoria Legalisation. Other States have similar Legalisation.
https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/moto...car/warranties
Thanks for the link, that's great, even though I'm in Sydney they would be similar..

post #40 of 50 Old 03-24-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
I had my Treg given the once over by and Independent European mechanic at no cost.
But he did gain a customer.
The light hasn't come back on and it's been 15 days.....It cost me $110.00 to diagnose the EGR, cooler replacement issue and give verbal quote $2,300. There is no code reader no. on the invoice. Again though Ford whom I bought car off turned off the light and said if it comes back on, to come back and they will look into it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode