Camshaft position sender - Page 6 - Club Touareg Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 102 Old 03-19-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2004 V6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: France
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 12
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
You case looks like this one too:

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...ee-273881.html
TRespect is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 102 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Weather is getting better here, next days i will get kuddly with the car, check everything you suggest and will report for shure
Thx.!!!!!!!!
PatTouareg is offline  
post #53 of 102 Old 03-20-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2004 V6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: France
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 12
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Just yank that radio out, check the harness and wires and start the treg without the radio installed. I bet the install of that radio messed up something. Then go over all the fuses using the ssp pdf above.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRespect is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 102 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Radio out (started working again the moment i pulled it out LOL),
Car not starting, but it randomly wants to from time to time, so i suspect fuel delivery and sparks are there, timing is wrong
(normal with speed engine and camshaft position errors)

I will be doing a lot of checking in the next days
Never seen such a bunch of cut, re-connected and cross-connected wires, why do people do this????????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190320_121806.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	221867  
PatTouareg is offline  
post #55 of 102 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TRespect: any idea about cranking RPM?


Another question i have: i put in a new battery: should i code it in this car according to you?
PatTouareg is offline  
post #56 of 102 Old 03-20-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2004 V6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: France
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 12
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Camshaft position sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatTouareg View Post
Radio out (started working again the moment i pulled it out LOL),
Car not starting, but it randomly wants to from time to time, so i suspect fuel delivery and sparks are there, timing is wrong
(normal with speed engine and camshaft position errors)

I will be doing a lot of checking in the next days
Never seen such a bunch of cut, re-connected and cross-connected wires, why do people do this????????


I think the root cause is there. That mess did blow a fuse or burn something which is causing all the communication errors and preventing the car from starting. Now you need to check all the fuses are good. This should be your next step. But first you need to remove all the splicing and clean that harness mess. There probably some wires creating shorts there. Just cut it back to oem wiring and tape the wires until you fix the starting issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRespect is offline  
post #57 of 102 Old 03-20-2019
Touareg Mechanic
 
Touareg: 2004 V6
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: France
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 12
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatTouareg View Post
TRespect: any idea about cranking RPM?


Another question i have: i put in a new battery: should i code it in this car according to you?


I haven't checked but it normally goes to 1100rpm when cold and then comes back to around 870 after a minute.
You don't need any battery re-setting. Just plug and play.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRespect is offline  
post #58 of 102 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRespect View Post
I think the root cause is there. That mess did blow a fuse or burn something which is causing all the communication errors and preventing the car from starting. Now you need to check all the fuses are good. This should be your next step. But first you need to remove all the splicing and clean that harness mess. There probably some wires creating shorts there. Just cut it back to oem wiring and tape the wires until you fix the starting issue.
We think alike LOL
I'll clean up this mess first and than i will go over fuses, wiring, ... and than i will report
PatTouareg is offline  
post #59 of 102 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRespect View Post
I haven't checked but it normally goes to 1100rpm when cold and then comes back to around 870 after a minute.
I'm referring to the moment the engine is cranking, but isn't starting yet: what RPM does the starting motor make the engine do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TRespect View Post
You don't need any battery re-setting. Just plug and play.
Great
PatTouareg is offline  
post #60 of 102 Old 03-21-2019 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
PatTouareg's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2003 V6
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Belgium
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 60
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got back in contact with the seller today: he has driven the car a couple of months, for 2 to 3000km after having changed the radio ...
PatTouareg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which is g163? 2 camshaft position sensors? b6commuter Engine, Transmission and Exhaust 5 02-02-2017 08:04 PM
VW TOUAREG V6 3.0 176 KW 2008 Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) fault Exclusive Diesel (TDI) Engines | R5, V6, V8, V10, R50 TDI engines 5 01-22-2017 08:14 AM
p1347 code.17755 - Camshaft Position Sensor 2 archie666 Engine, Transmission and Exhaust 10 04-16-2016 02:38 AM
Camshaft Position Sensor 2 Location V6 archie666 Engine, Transmission and Exhaust 2 03-08-2015 07:11 PM
CAMSHAFT POSITION SLIPING? JPARSONS General Maintenance & Repair 2 10-25-2006 06:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

VW Touareg News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Touareg news in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]