Carpro Spotless, water spot removal - Club Touareg Forums

Old 07-25-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Carpro Spotless, water spot removal

My Touareg got hit with some sprinklers while visiting family our of state. They would not wash off, nor come off with a clay bar. I tried some Optimum Hyperpolish by hand, which worked mostly, but I did not want to polish the entire hood (worst part). I've been really into the Carpro line so I ordered their water spot remover, Spotless. The spots had baked on for about 10 days, many in 90+degree heat and direct sun on the black paint. Spotless removed them no problem, 100%. Thankfully they had not etched into the paint. Very pleased with the performance of another Carpro product. Side note, the car has Carpros silica based sealant Hydro2 AND Reload on the hood, applied a couple months ago. Perhaps this prevented the water spots from really being able to take set, I can't say for sure. What I can say is Spotless worked much better than clay and much easier than polish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017

I really like the CarPro stuff. Just be careful with it on glass. I've had it leave marks that were really hard to remove when using it on a windscreen before.

I use their reloaded sealant on just about everything.
Old 12-10-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Yes, avoid glass with this and also acid based wheel cleaners (which also work well on water spots) or rinse ASAP. Prob better to just compound the glass with the DA and avoid potential etching.

2004 GMC Envoy "Rusty"(Sold), 2013 Jetta TDI (Buyback, 2017 MB GLC on order)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I had some really bad water spots on every window that wouldn't come out. I tried some using vinegar and even a buffer using Meguiar's M105 Ultra-Cut Compound only removed about 50% of the spot buildup. Finally figured out what would work though... Glass Cooktop cleaner for your flat top stove works amazing. I didn't have the fancy scrubbing pads under the sink, so I applied it using the rough side of a kitchen sponge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in