Who was it that was also interested in doing a larger turbo on their 3.0 TDi? - Club Touareg Forums
 3Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 04-21-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Who was it that was also interested in doing a larger turbo on their 3.0 TDi?

I remember reading a post from someone else on here that they were also interested in doing a larger turbo upgrade for their 3.0 TDi? I think it was on a Q7..?

What year Q7?

I'm having mine shipped in from Europe, and wanted to see who else was interested.
I can give you more details on what to get.

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-22-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
That would be me; 2014 Q7, I've seen some options from Darkside Developments but am interested in how yours goes. (Deployed, not doing anything for awhile.)

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....eatured&page=2

2014 | AUDI Q7 | V6TDI | CARRARAWHITE | S-LINE | PRESTIGE | AIR SUS | WARM PK |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Cayenne TT Sways |
2009 | BMW 335D | V6TT | CRIMSONRED | DAKOTA BLACK INT | MSPORT | COLD PK | PREMIUM PK |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-22-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V8
Thx for your service Built4sin! Your Blue V8 was one of the sharpest builds IMHO. How you digging the TDI? 2014 is still the older style body correct? I 100% prefer the older body to the newer boxier "ultra quarto" style.
The Following User Says Thank You to n8henn For This Useful Post:
Built4Sin (05-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-22-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built4Sin View Post
That would be me; 2014 Q7, I've seen some options from Darkside Developments but am interested in how yours goes. (Deployed, not doing anything for awhile.)

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....eatured&page=2
Darkside has some nice stuff.

The GTD 3.0 turbo looks pretty cool.

I have heard directly from one member that after over a year and a half his torque converter is experiencing some issues. This is where a TCM tune would come in handy.

The stock trans is rated for 800Nm of torque IIRC so the TC failure seems odd, but not unheard of.

I'm going to check into the ability to cross flash some of the "hotter" TCM tunes into my TCM and see what issues arise if any.

I think i'm going to stick with the euro factory gtb2260 with a different compressor wheel.
It's the wifes car so I don't want to go to crazy LOL

I'll save that for the duramax i'm putting in the H2

And thank you for your service to our great country!

The Following User Says Thank You to yrktreg For This Useful Post:
Built4Sin (05-12-2018)
post #5 of 14 Old 05-11-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Im pretty sure my trans issue is not power related....honestly i was having this issue with my trailer causing some kind of weird short or something causing the converter to stick open and throw a code.....that combined with to long without servicing it, ive treated it pretty hard 4wd launching, drifting on wet pavement...really im not surprised it hasnt blown to bits lol.

We are going to try and save her....i still think being able to tune the trans, adjust pressures and shift patterns would help but i think its a solid trans.

thanks to yrktreg i think it will be fixed up this summer.

Im running around 30-32lbs of boost, with a fairly aggressive fuel map...if i had to guess (no dyno) it has to be 350hp and 600 ish tq.....Played with almost every v8 truck on the road and destroyed them by football fields lol...its very quick
Eskimo1 likes this.

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #6 of 14 Old 05-11-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdimark69 View Post
Im pretty sure my trans issue is not power related....honestly i was having this issue with my trailer causing some kind of weird short or something causing the converter to stick open and throw a code.....that combined with to long without servicing it, ive treated it pretty hard 4wd launching, drifting on wet pavement...really im not surprised it hasnt blown to bits lol.

We are going to try and save her....i still think being able to tune the trans, adjust pressures and shift patterns would help but i think its a solid trans.

thanks to yrktreg i think it will be fixed up this summer.

Im running around 30-32lbs of boost, with a fairly aggressive fuel map...if i had to guess (no dyno) it has to be 350hp and 600 ish tq.....Played with almost every v8 truck on the road and destroyed them by football fields lol...its very quick
Nothing like seeing the faces on people after you leave them in the dust and they pull up next to you like WTH is that thing

Happy to help sir, now lets get her fixed up!
tdimark69 likes this.

post #7 of 14 Old 05-11-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrktreg View Post
Nothing like seeing the faces on people after you leave them in the dust and they pull up next to you like WTH is that thing

Happy to help sir, now lets get her fixed up!
There really isnt lol.....we had a new jeep wrangler chase us down (guess the exhaust note intrigued him)....we ended up lined up at a light and i gave him a boosted launch lol....He didnt wanna play any more after that lol

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #8 of 14 Old 05-11-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Haha! WHOOOooooosh!!
tdimark69 likes this.

post #9 of 14 Old 07-17-2018

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
I'm going to HAVE to meet you when you get the bigger turbo on your Treg.. This could be bad for my wallet..

'16 Cayenne diesel in Moonlight Blue
'98 TransAm former autoX car, now just a 480hp antisocial play car.
Yamaha R6 race bike, Aprilia Tuono street/coach bike, KTM 200XC-W woods bike, Yamaha Zuma 155 stupid-fun hooligan/pit scooter
My psychologist says I have OMD - Obsessive Modification Disorder
post #10 of 14 Old 07-18-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo1 View Post
I'm going to HAVE to meet you when you get the bigger turbo on your Treg.. This could be bad for my wallet..
Sorry about your wallet!

It is going to have some Malone special sauce in it to!

Now I just need to find the time to get mine in for the neuter, I mean fix, and then I can start adding some goodies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode