Club Touareg Forum banner

Webasto dosing/metering pump and battery question

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  2013 TDI 
#1 ·
Hello,
About 2 months ago my webasto stopped working, I unlocked it and it locked up again. The fault codes were obviously heater unit locked and dosing/metering pump V54. I looked how much the pump costs and it was about 350€. Then I found a used one in working condition for 50€ parts code (Webasto 9012868C and in the service manual the ''OEM'' is 4B0963303). I replaced the pump (the old one was very rusty). After doing that I went to start the webasto it worked for 2 minutes and then turned off, did that for like 2 more times and then I finally stayed on. I just thought that maybe air was trapped in the system and now it will worked every time. I looked at the fault codes again and there was the dosing/metering pump and no flame code. cleared those out and tried again tomorrow. In the morning the same thing happened. Didnt want to start few times but did start eventually. And every time when I look at the codes it shows the dosing/metering pump again. So what is the problem is the new ''used'' pump fauly too? or maybe the heater unit glow plug is going out and if the glow plug is maybe going bad then does it show a fault code?

And now the battery question when I have the webasto running for about 10mins without the car running then when I go to start the engine the battery is completely flat. Try to start it a few times and then it switches to the other battery and then starts. So my question is that what battery is for what in the 2007 V10. The battery under drivers seat is normal and the one in the trunk is an AGM.

And I have a question about how to charge the Treg. Should I hook up my charger under the bonnet, if so then in what mode should I do that in regular mode or in AGM mode? I asked this at the dealer aswell and they didnt even know the anwer at first and then sayd ahh just hook it up under the bonnet and in regular mode.

Today I did an experiment with the batteries aswell. I unplugged the front/drivers seat battery and tried to see if the car starts and it didnt and when I reconnected it and then unplugged the rear battery to see what happens. And then the car tried to start but the battery was flat.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Unrelated but maybe an option. No intention to hijack your post but if issues continue can the Webasto be set up to run independently of the cars ECU on a separate battery? Would still use the cars diesel fuel just separate electrics and on/off switch.

The Webasto heater is not available from VW in North America. Have been in conditions here where temps got down to -36F. We have a separate Group 31 battery for auxiliary purposes, powering our electric fridge/freezer for example. If we could operate a Webasto independent of the cars ECU that would solve a lot of issues for us. Thanks, Below are the specs for our Aux battery:
Pulse cranking amps 2150 A
CCA rating at -18°C (0°F) 1150 A
CA/MCA rating at 0°C (32°F) 1370 A
Reserve capacity 220 min
Capacity - 20 hour rate (1.75 vpc) 103 Ah
Internal resistance 2.2 mΩ @ 25°C (77°F)
Short circuit current 5000 A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.