Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Central, PA USA
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Thanked 57 Times in 47 Posts
Trans quick Re-Learn Procedure
This is slightly different than what I call the Noobytoogy trans reset, so I'd thought that I would post it up here.
This comes from a transmission repair group that send out technical bulletins, how to's, etc.. that I follow.
1. Turn the key on, but donít start the engine.
2. Move the gear shifter from Park to Drive.
3. Press the gas pedal all the way down,making sure nothing is between the pedal and floor, like a floor mat. (added that you should feel a little resistance towards the bottom as you hit the kick down switch)
4. Hold the gas pedal down for at least 30 seconds.
5. While still holding the gas pedal down,move the shifter back into Park.
6. Turn the key off.
Anyone want to give it a shot?
The Nooby one seems to be working well, just curious to see if this does anything differently...
2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package