r50 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 7 Old 06-04-2018 Thread Starter

r50

any 1 out there know anything about replacing/topping up fuel additive. where is filler 4 this. any info would b appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-04-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses7654 View Post
any 1 out there know anything about replacing/topping up fuel additive. where is filler 4 this.
If you're talking about the pre-AdBlue DPF additive, then the filler for that is behind the rubber-like cover that you see when you've opened the fuel filler cover. You've to remove the tank cap, and then the rubber cover to expose two separate connectors at around 4 and 5 o'clock. They're for extraction and refill of the additive, but you obviously need special equipment (VAS 6277/1 and VAS 6277/2) to do that. Additive part number is G 052 143 A2 (1 liter bottle), and costs about $60. The capacity of the tank is about 4.5-5 liters.

If you're talking about the AdBlue agent, the tank and the filler port for that is under the spare wheel, in the luggage compartment. You've to remove the spare wheel to expose the cap which should have AdBlue written on it. On later models the filler port is next to the regular fuel tank port - but you obviously don't have that, because then you wouldn't ask.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-05-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
It would help if you completed the boxes giving your model AND year and your location under your user name.

If you are talking about the fuel additive called Eolys or PAT fluid then Gnits has described how to access that. The stuff is VERY expensive but normally lasts for about 100,000 miles and should be replaced every 5 years anyway with, as described, the old fluid first being removed and safely disposed of - not just poured down the nearest drain!

Since Ad-blu is not a fuel additive - it gets squirted into the exhaust post combustion - then I suspect you are indeed thinking of Eolys/PAT fluid.

I recently learnt that not all V10s used it though hence my comment about adding your year and location. I also learnt that if your car does use the Eolys/PAT stuff, your diesel is dosed each time you fill the car up. Clever stuff!

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-05-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
As Gnits said but you don't need the real Vw special tools, there are other options. I have done it twice. Also be careful which cap you open first as the system gets pressurized. Where are you? If it is a real R50 it will have DPF fluid but if it is a pretend R50 then as Nooby said it may or may not use DPF fluid and yes it is dear as all c..p.
John

'08 R50 Biscay Blue, RNS510 sat.nav+camera, electric tailgate, tow bar
post #5 of 7 Old 06-06-2018 Thread Starter

thanks guys. it is a gemuine 2008 R50. i also live on sunshine coast. anyone up here u could recommend outside of vw dealership---greg
post #6 of 7 Old 06-07-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses7654 View Post
thanks guys. it is a gemuine 2008 R50. i also live on sunshine coast. anyone up here u could recommend outside of vw dealership---greg
Me if you like. Tanawha on Sunny Coast. If you want a professional try SVS Autocare, Kunda Park. John

'08 R50 Biscay Blue, RNS510 sat.nav+camera, electric tailgate, tow bar
post #7 of 7 Old 06-07-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I like their website counter - you'll need to scroll down.

Never seen that before!

https://svsautocare.com.au/

And on farcebook:

https://www.facebook.com/svsautocare/

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode