Particulate Filter Sensor/3.0 Diesel Recall - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Particulate Filter Sensor/3.0 Diesel Recall

I took my 2014 Touareg in for the 3.0 diesel recall & the code for the particulate filter sensor was showing. The dealer stated that the recall can not be done until all repairs are completed ($800 replacement cost) and codes are cleared so I told them to do what's necessary, then keep the SUV and start the recall at the same time. They agreed and took the vehicle in on Thursday.

I was just reading the VW Court Settlement Booklet and noticed that one of the items to be replaced in the recall is the particulate filter sensor. The SUV is still with the dealer & it will be interesting to see if they do charge me the $800. Does that mean that they will put in the new replacement sensor that I paid for, then when they start the recall, they will pull the new sensor & replace it with a 2nd new sensor from the recall package? Sounds illogical to me! It'll be interesting to see what happens when I picked up the vehicle. If they charge me the $800, I'm inclined to ask them for the original bad sensor & the replacement sensor that I paid for before they did the recall. I can see a letter to VW complaint dept in my future. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-04-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Why aren't you talking to the dealer about this now before letting them carry on?

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
I agree with Nooby, Why creat an issue when it can be prevented. I would just ask about the recall and get an answer. If it's a good dealer they will discuss it honestly. There are some very good dealers. BTW I'm not a dealer LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-04-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I did speak to the service manager first thing this morning. He keeps saying that he has to clear all faults & do all repairs before he starts the recall even if it means that the sensor will be replaced a 2nd time during the recall. He keeps referring to the computerized link with VW that requires him to follow this process. He also understands my concern about paying for the 1st one when everyone knows that it's going to be replaced again, but he, again, offers no solution.
post #5 of 4 Old 06-04-2018

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: 2009 V6
Send a message via Skype™ to murray
I'd get my vehicle out of there ASAP!! This Dealership is a Gouger, no real Customer service or future proofing there customer relationships.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode