No Fuel or Pressure from HPFP - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 08-05-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
No Fuel or Pressure from HPFP

BKS engine.

Installed new swirl flaps in the lower inlet manifolds. To do this I had to remove two high pressure fuel pipes connecting the HPFP to the left fuel accumulator and the high pressure fuel connecting the left hand accumulator to the right hand accumulator and the plastic fuel delivery line to the HPFP.

I have bleed the system IAW eWin 1.11 Bleeding the Fuel System.

Treg refuses to start. I have fuel flowing from the low pressure pump at the inlet to the HPFP and also from the return from the HPFP.

Nothing from the high pressure side. No faults are showing in relation to the fuel system. (I only have an ObEleven app which will show and clear faults and test outputs.)

What have I missed and any ideas?

MY08 V6 TDI, Shadow Blue, Beige Interior, Towbar, Air Suspension, LED Load Box (not used).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-05-2017

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Crack the injector line nut on the fuel rail. Right hand side closest to firewall and let any accumulated air out. One the engine cranks with clear fuel only, re-tighten and start.

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
The Following User Says Thank You to hedditch For This Useful Post:
JimJ (08-06-2017)
post #3 of 4 Old 08-06-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Fixed

Removed HPFP belt, cracked #1 and #6 injector lines at common rails, ran the low pressure fuel pump through diagnostics and rotated HPFP by hand until all air was expelled and clean fuel flowed from injector lines.

Tighten all connections and the Treg started after about 5 sec of cranking.

See demo here

MY08 V6 TDI, Shadow Blue, Beige Interior, Towbar, Air Suspension, LED Load Box (not used).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-06-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Crack the injector line nut on the fuel rail. Right hand side closest to firewall and let any accumulated air out. One the engine cranks with clear fuel only, re-tighten and start.
Stuart
Thanks for the tip. I was a little concerned about continue to use the starter to crank the engine.
seafarer28 (thanks Tony) gave me a tip about removing the belt and doing it by hand. Was a little apprehensive about this until I found the Russian video.

Looks like we may have to learn Russian as a pre-requisite to owning a Treg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode