Newbie with more questions... - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 10-05-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Newbie with more questions...

let me say first - You all have been very helpful and patient with my many questions - (so far!) - thanks to everyone.

I have had my 2014 Lux for about 2-3 weeks now. I am on on my 3rd random CEL light. It went several days (200 miles) without anything - then last night on my way to the airport - its on again. Still on this morning, but by lunch time today I had made a couple of stops and then it turned off again.

Any ideas at what might be the issue? I was planning to take it to the dealer to have them pull the codes, but I was told the CEL must be on form them to see the fault codes. Is this correct? if so, I guess I need to had straight over to the shop as soon as I see it on again.

Looking forward to your suggestions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-05-2017
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Purchase VCDS from Ross-Tech. Don't skimp. Get the REAL deal, not some "dongle" sold on eBay.

After 2-3 uses, it will pay for itself. Dealer visits for diagnostics will add up fast!!

The modules will sometimes store fault codes even without the CEL lit. But sometimes general OBDII codes wILL self-clear. The service writer is covering his or her butt. They don't want you coming in and getting mad at a $120 diagnostic fee when there were no faults stored.

2008 V8
No VCDS? Get it here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-05-2017

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
Purchase VCDS from Ross-Tech. Don't skimp. Get the REAL deal, not some "dongle" sold on eBay. After 2-3 uses, it will pay for itself. Dealer visits for diagnostics will add up fast!! The modules will sometimes store fault codes even without the CEL lit. But sometimes general OBDII codes wILL self-clear. The service writer is covering his or her butt. They don't want you coming in and getting mad at a $120 diagnostic fee when there were no faults stored.
x2

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
TDI bridge warranty. Look it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode