MY 2013-16 delete tuning- JR Autotune or Malone - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 17 Old 02-26-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
MY 2013-16 delete tuning- JR Autotune or Malone

Considering a post emissions compliant tune and would like some feedback from those who have made the leap with either JR Autotune or Malone. Not looking for mud slinging, just real facts, good and bad, about the process and satisfaction to date. Iím finding very little about JR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-26-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: VW 2
*subscribed*

"Callie" - 2013 Touareg TDI Execline, Cool Silver on Titan black
"Sophie" - 2010 Touareg TDI Highline, Campanella white on Anthracite - sold back to VW
"Celeste" - 2009 Eos 2.0T DSG Lux, Candy white on Anthracite
"Simone" - 2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, HID projectors
"Rocinante" - 1990 JDM HDJ81 Toyota Landcruiser turbodiesel, 5 speed, RHD
post #3 of 17 Old 03-01-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
not a 13...however not a big difference in engines. My jetta tdi was malone tuned for 4 years and 3 different stages..it was good, not flawless but good.

My touareg has been jr tuned for 2 years and its been perfect...amazing mileage, the most power ive seen in a touareg and just great in every way.

My tuner is buzzken, which is one of the largest tdi tuners in canada if not the largest and he only tunes touaregs with jr tunes.....he has tested both side by side on his own touareg and pushes jr. Said its far more refined and better built and have no issues with adblue like some have seen with malone. Jr is a euro company and are getting really big here...for bmw diesel its the way to go here, buzzkens x5 diesel is putting over 500hp to the wheels on jr tuning

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 03-07-2018 Thread Starter

Iím still looking for further information on tunes available.
So far, I have found very little feedback on Jr Auto tuning Performance in the Audi and Porsche forums, and a few say service after the sale is unsatisfactory. As for Malone, most commonly used and almost all comments positive.

post #5 of 17 Old 03-07-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Lol well sure seems like you decided before even asking, Jr doesnt specialize in porsche or audi, they are mostly bmw but have been doing tdis for a while now. In fact my touareg was one of the first for development...and it was the first threw any tuner in north america to run a hybrid bigger turbo.
Ive had 3 tunes threw jr for this and none have given me a single hiccup.....not really sure what after sale service you even need the tune goes on and its flawless..end of story. HOWEVER i can text my tuner any day of the week and he answers me in 10 mins...and under an hour ill have a new tune emailed to me with what ever changes i like.
Im going on 3 years now tuned with jr with no issues at all...95,000kms since and its been a 30mpg+ ROCKET.

Oh and jr just contacted me today and asked if i want trans tuning...They are going to be launching trans tunes very shortly, By the way they will be the only company in the world to have aisin transmission tunes.

Im not bashing malone, i had malone for over 4 years on my jetta...i found it a lot harder to get update tunes as everything has to go threw mark and he was often flooded busy....i had a couple hiccups but over all the car pulled good.

Having said that choice is yours...but ive been beating on this touareg for coming on 3 years tuned...deleted and bigger turbo and it just goes...and goes. And you asked for actually experience with jr and a touareg....thats what im giving you. I have a few buddies with jr tunes on their bmws and a couple touaregs never heard anyone complain

2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Cooler Delete
post #6 of 17 Old 03-07-2018 Thread Starter

I havenít decided yet but I am happy to entertain you.

Iím seeking relevant information from anyone whose had a tune from JR or Malone. I do appreciate your time, energy and enthusiasm for your JR tuned Touareg, and I may be wrong, but you are the only one on this forum with a JR tune that has offered any information. If there are others please point me in the right direction.

Perhaps if I get a bmw 335d Iíll look into the bmw forums for some info. I have considered an M3 convertible but........Until then Iím looking for VAG 3.0 tdi specific information and thatís what led me to Audi and Porsche forums.

As for the TCU tune, I posed that question last week to a rep at fixmywv and was told no way. That is good news if theyíve indeed been able to crack the case on all 3.0 TDI transmissions.

post #7 of 17 Old 03-07-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamajet View Post
I haven’t decided yet but I am happy to entertain you.

I’m seeking relevant information from anyone whose had a tune from JR or Malone. I do appreciate your time, energy and enthusiasm for your JR tuned Touareg, and I may be wrong, but you are the only one on this forum with a JR tune that has offered any information. If there are others please point me in the right direction.

Perhaps if I get a bmw 335d I’ll look into the bmw forums for some info. I have considered an M3 convertible but........Until then I’m looking for VAG 3.0 tdi specific information and that’s what led me to Audi and Porsche forums.

As for the TCU tune, I posed that question last week to a rep at fixmywv and was told no way. That is good news if they’ve indeed been able to crack the case on all 3.0 TDI transmissions.

Well i think there is maybe 3 of us on this forum that are tuned to begin with so. Like i said do what you like its your car....there is a bunch of q5-q7s on tdiclub running jr with no issues...lots on youtube as well. Choice is yours. You could start a post in the performance section on tdiclub likely get more jr users or malone....jr does a lot of 2.0tdis as well, the issue with a vast 3.0 feed back simply is there are hardly any 3.0s...even less that guys tune. Plenty in europe but there are 300 different companies there that do it.

This forum is really not into diesel tuning and most guys here will condemn you and say you are creating a bad name and killing the imagine of the touareg....as well as ruining the environment......I would love if youd link the posts from people who have had issues with jr im constantly reading and doing research. Hence why i have one of the most heavily modified tdi touaregs in north america....ive been in contact with dozens of tuners, transmission places and companies looking for tuning options

Well the aisin isnt in all 3.0 tdi powered vehicles...the q7 and q5 (i believe) use zf transmissions and those are easily tuned

post #8 of 17 Old 03-09-2018

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
I have a JR tuned Audi Q5 and it is a very nice performer. Unfortunately I do not have performance numbers but the drivers seat impression is "Oh WOW". I have not tuned the Treg yet as the 3.0 settlement in Canada is not concluded. Will have the Treg tuned after I get past the settlement. In fact, in order to get the settlement on the Q5 I will have to have it returned to stock soon. Sad.
Kevin
post #9 of 17 Old 03-09-2018 Thread Starter

Would you change the re-tune of the Q5 or the initial tune Treg?
Jr again?

post #10 of 17 Old 03-09-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
I am going with Malone for my tune. I'm sold on their experience and customer service.

Edit - but I am not going to do any deletes. Just looking for more power and a return to better mileage (lose the EGR circulation when warm)

Current:
2014 TDI Exec - White w/ Cornsilk

Gone to a great new home:
2008 V6 Cranberry Red - Lux Plus (Leather, Keyless) Tech + Dynaudio, Air, Tow, 4 Zone Climate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode