My 2008 V6TDI believes it should have Ad Blue ! - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #1 of 20 Old 07-06-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
My 2008 V6TDI believes it should have Ad Blue !

For some unknown reason my December 2007 built MY08 which was constructed without provision for Urea (Add Blue), now thinks it is low on Add Blue... and is displaying a warning in the MFD. Initially it was displayed intermittently and now it is for 3 seconds on every start. I ran VCDS over it and as expected, there is a complete abscence of any Add Blue options. Not at all unexpected as the car does not have a tank, pump or catalyst unit for Add Blue.. Has anybody had this experience?

I am currently touring with my caravan in outback Queensland, and the last thing I need is HAL trying to lock me out of the airlock.

Any thoughts....?

Stuart.....

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-07-2018
Touareg Addict

Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Not a Min Min light is it as strange things happen in Qeensland!
TonyB

MY08 V6TDi, Atacama Grey, Air Suspension, Bi-Xenons
Enhancements: OEM Paddle Shifters, OEM Tow Pack, OEM LED load Module, Red Arc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller, Icom IC-440 UHF, 6 Spot 17Z Front Brakes, FM100 Aux fuel filter + water alarm, Pro Vent catch can, 20" Road Tyres + spare, 17" A/T Off-road tyres + 2 x full size spares, AG Custom alloy underbody front+ centre+rear alloy protection plates.

MY08 V6TDi, Campanella White
My first Touareg love affair, found a new home locally.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-07-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_Min_light

LOL!

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-07-2018
Touareg Addict

Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Just a thought......, could the Oettinger tune you had done have something to do with this issue, possibly used wrong tune version for your engine ?

TonyB

MY08 V6TDi, Atacama Grey, Air Suspension, Bi-Xenons
Enhancements: OEM Paddle Shifters, OEM Tow Pack, OEM LED load Module, Red Arc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller, Icom IC-440 UHF, 6 Spot 17Z Front Brakes, FM100 Aux fuel filter + water alarm, Pro Vent catch can, 20" Road Tyres + spare, 17" A/T Off-road tyres + 2 x full size spares, AG Custom alloy underbody front+ centre+rear alloy protection plates.

MY08 V6TDi, Campanella White
My first Touareg love affair, found a new home locally.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-07-2018 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer28 View Post
Just a thought......, could the Oettinger tune you had done have something to do with this issue, possibly used wrong tune version for your engine ?

TonyB
Not likely as it was a recalibration of my existing image file. Also that tune has been in place for 5 years without any evidence of this issue.

I am slowly getting concerned as the notification has now come on at every restart. My concern is if it reaches a counter value which prevents a restart.

I will be posting the issue on the Ross Tech Forum as well.

Stuart....

ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #6 of 20 Old 07-07-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
Possibilities:

Compare your current scan with an old scan. Make sure that there are no unexpected changes in the coding of the modules. Perhaps a bit got swapped and the adblue function was activated?

Possible that the adblue function is activated by grounding or adding +12V to a specific input pin on the controller and there is a wiring fault. If this is true, it could also be that the connector is just dirty or has some corrosion which is making a false input trigger.

Possible that the controller itself has a solder or component defect on the circuit board.

Possible that the controller just needs a reboot and that a power cycle will clear the error. Some modules can be software rebooted via VCDS.

You might want to send a message to the VCDS guys, just to see if they have ever heard of this problem. Uwe will at least let you know if he has ever heard of this problem on any of the VW lineup.
post #7 of 20 Old 07-08-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedditch View Post
For some unknown reason my December 2007 built MY08 which was constructed without provision for Urea (Add Blue), now thinks it is low on Add Blue... and is displaying a warning in the MFD. Initially it was displayed intermittently and now it is for 3 seconds on every start. I ran VCDS over it and as expected, there is a complete abscence of any Add Blue options. Not at all unexpected as the car does not have a tank, pump or catalyst unit for Add Blue.. Has anybody had this experience?
Definitely some (mis)coding error. As already noted above, you should compare old scans with newer ones and compare coding/adaptation codes. If they're the same, you should also check the firmware versions/dates for each control module against those in an older log.
post #8 of 20 Old 07-08-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
.. Has anybody had this experience?

I notice that your MFD display has items in different locations to the MFD display in my 2007 MY08 BKS, due I believe to an MFD update.

Could this update to the MFD inadvertanly added the ad-blue readout that is triggered by time/distance?

MY08 V6 TDI, Shadow Blue, Beige Interior, Towbar, Air Suspension, LED Load Box (not used).
post #9 of 20 Old 07-10-2018 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJ View Post

I notice that your MFD display has items in different locations to the MFD display in my 2007 MY08 BKS, due I believe to an MFD update.

Could this update to the MFD inadvertanly added the ad-blue readout that is triggered by time/distance?
Hi Jim,
Granted however the update was done in 2012, so I would have expected it to have happened much sooner than this. In that time I have added over 160,000 km. That was 6 years ago. I am lost for ideas. I have spoken to VW and they suggest I bring the car in and let them run VAS over it.

Over the last 24 hours, the display has changed from a static red warning to a "Flashing" red display. From what I can work out is the vehicle will eventurally block me from starting if the "error" is not corrected.

This is where my problems start. I am currently touring in Outback Queensland, at Mount Isa, and the clossest dealership is on Townsville, which is 825 kilometres (500+) miles away. We were planing on moving on to Alice Springs, where there is a dealership, which is @ 1,200 kilometres. As this is travel through one of the most sparsely populated parts of Australia, I am not comfortable with my car (AKA Christine - apologies to Stephen King ) threatening to strand me.*

Any help would be appreciated...

Stuart....

post #10 of 20 Old 07-10-2018 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyt View Post
Possibilities:

Compare your current scan with an old scan. Make sure that there are no unexpected changes in the coding of the modules. Perhaps a bit got swapped and the adblue function was activated?

Possible that the adblue function is activated by grounding or adding +12V to a specific input pin on the controller and there is a wiring fault. If this is true, it could also be that the connector is just dirty or has some corrosion which is making a false input trigger.

Possible that the controller itself has a solder or component defect on the circuit board.

Possible that the controller just needs a reboot and that a power cycle will clear the error. Some modules can be software rebooted via VCDS.

You might want to send a message to the VCDS guys, just to see if they have ever heard of this problem. Uwe will at least let you know if he has ever heard of this problem on any of the VW lineup.

Thanks Nick,

Will do the file comparisons tomorrow. I have posted the problem on the Ross Tech Forum, and have my fingers firmly crossed.

Stuart....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode