Malone Stage 2.0 2012 Touareg 3.0 TDi. - Club Touareg Forums
 3Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 10-14-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Malone Stage 2.0 2012 Touareg 3.0 TDi.

Went down to lower mainland yesterday to Malone in Langley, Owain installed stage 2.0 files and AdBlue delete. Just need to bolt up the Rawtek exhaust and should be good to go. With stock exhaust (with 2.0 tune) there is a noticable increase in felt power/torque. I can say it's now a Coquihalla cruiser for sure... was prior to the tune, but now has no problem running sustained speed well North of 120 kph. Can easily outdrive the new Hakkapellitta 9 studded winters it's wonderful to zip along in and with full summers on will be trouble for the wife.... read tickets...

Will let you know fuel figures once I log more Kms.

j
NSTouaregTDI likes this.

New to us 2012 Touareg TDi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Malone and Rawtek gear.
2015 VW Jetta TDi CL Sport MT (Sold Back to VW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Old Body style 7.3 Powerstrokes
Looking and learning about Touaregs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-14-2017

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Old heap
Can't wait to get mine tuned. Not sure what to make of the Canadian 3.0tdi fix though. Should I wait or just do it...
post #3 of 33 Old 10-14-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is jealous
When I did my tune on a 2012 I felt the dpf delete pipe woke it up almost more than the tune. You will like the pipe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-15-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWoods View Post
Can't wait to get mine tuned. Not sure what to make of the Canadian 3.0tdi fix though. Should I wait or just do it...
I've not heard of any fix, in fact I was speaking with a VW dealer service rep and they hadn't received any info either so I decided just to got for it. Can always put back to stock, I'll be keeping all the parts, just in case.

j

Malone and Rawtek gear.
)
post #5 of 33 Old 10-15-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newegg View Post
When I did my tune on a 2012 I felt the dpf delete pipe woke it up almost more than the tune. You will like the pipe!
Hopefully I'll get the pipe on today, looking forward to results for sure, have you seen any increase in fuel economy? How long have you had it installed? And did you leave the stock muffler on?

Thanks,

j

Malone and Rawtek gear.
)
post #6 of 33 Old 10-15-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

No increase in fuel economy. Had it on for about 35,000 miles. Left the stock muffler on, slight increase in the exhaust note. VW bought the Touareg back. Now I have a 2015 Cayenne diesel.
post #7 of 33 Old 10-15-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
No increase in fuel economy. Had it on for about 35,000 miles. Left the stock muffler on, slight increase in the exhaust note. VW bought the Touareg back. Now I have a 2015 Cayenne diesel.
Whoa NICE... so now that you have driven both, appreciable differences? What is the "fix" in respect to Diesel gate for the 3.0 TDi diesels I've not heard really anything here in Western Canada and will you have to execute one on the Cayenne?

Thanks for your insights.

j

Malone and Rawtek gear.
)
post #8 of 33 Old 10-15-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Once my Touareg is out of warranty, I'm planning the same tune, and DPF/Adblue delete. I'm also trying to decide if I should wait for the fix, in order to get the sorry money, and they do the tune and delete after the fix. I'm also wondering if the software fix would mess with the stage 2 tune? I'm from NS but last week I drove through the Coquihalla highway, and highway 97 in a crappy Nissan Altima rental car. I was wishing I had my Touareg the whole way!!! Those are quite the highways, and that car didn't enjoy trying to sustain those speeds at all like a TDI Touareg would.

2013 Touareg TDI
Nova Scotia, Canada
post #9 of 33 Old 10-15-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcart View Post
Whoa NICE... so now that you have driven both, appreciable differences? What is the "fix" in respect to Diesel gate for the 3.0 TDi diesels I've not heard really anything here in Western Canada and will you have to execute one on the Cayenne?

Thanks for your insights.

j

The biggest difference is the suspension tuning. Much more taught and very flat cornering. I thing the mapping on the tranny is stepped up a bit as the shifts are firmer. I have not heard anything on the fix at this point. There will be a fix for the for the cayenne as well, when, who knows. Let me know how the pipe install went and what you think now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10 of 33 Old 10-15-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
The biggest difference is the suspension tuning. Much more taught and very flat cornering. I thing the mapping on the tranny is stepped up a bit as the shifts are firmer. I have not heard anything on the fix at this point. There will be a fix for the for the cayenne as well, when, who knows. Let me know how the pipe install went and what you think now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good to know about the suspension tuning. I'd heard of someone who was able to transpose Cayenne shift files into their 2012 Touareg TDi. Never did respond on how or who did it for him though. In terms of shifting I typically use the standard mode have tried the Sport and it seems to hold higher RPM longer before shifting which feels like over reving the engine. The manual mode I've just not logged enough Kms and find I seem to over rev in this mode too.

Pipe install went good, given there were no directions so took a little longer. The in pipe sensors, I had to put heat on the bungs along with penetrating oil first. Ended up breaking off all the exhaust flange bolts as they wouldnt loosen off. Post install, pleased with the results, albeit haven't driven that far. And you are correct replacing the stock exhaust made a significant increase in felt performance and combine it's pretty zippy....

j

Malone and Rawtek gear.
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode