Interested transmission flash fix people please step inside... - Page 89 - Club Touareg Forums
 49Likes

post #881 of 923 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yani05 View Post
I got the reflash on my 13 Cayenne a couple months ago.
When I installed the reflashed TCM I immediately got a DTC:
1 Fault Found:

12816 - No Communication with Cruise Control Module
U0104 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Reset counter: 201

I tried clearing it multiple times and it would reappear immediately.
It seemed to drive slightly better, but shifting was quite harsh when cold. It also had significant engine speed flare during stopping down. Right as the vehicle speed is 0 and the vehicle is rocking, any slight flare of the brake would cause the vehicle to try to accelerate. So this made coming to a complete stop not smooth, since you had to stay on the brake pedal until it stopped rocking.

This got old rather quickly, so I was looking at buying another TCM module on Ebay to install until I could figure it out.

I broke down and bought a VCDS V2 cable in the hopes that it would work for the Cayenne and I could poke around and find something.
Well the VCDS does detect the Auto Trans module just fine. There was nothing obvious found in the long coding. The only 3 settings listed are Hold Hold, Start Stop, and Gear Shift Indicator. I did notice that VCDS does dick up the coding. The original hex is 00B168, which is correct per the internets. If I tried to switch the programming to something else in the dropdown list and then change it back, it would set it to 0B168C, which is NOT the same as 00B168. I tried some other options in the drop down list and their correct codings (00B568 and the VCDS 0B568C), and still had the DTC.

I found in Basic Settings there is a drop down and on a Hail Mary I selected "Resetting of all adaptation values" and sent it.

This cleared that DTC!

But then I had another one for:
1 Fault Found:

12799 - Control Circuit for Aux. Trans. Fluid Pump
P0C2E 00 [039] - Feedback Signal too High
Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Reset counter: 0

I drove it around for a day and the fault frequency changed to intermittent, so I cleared the code and it hasn't returned.
I can say that it drives much much better after the adaptation reset. The high idle torque is gone, so I can flare the braking coming to a stop. It also shifts mu more smoothly during warmup.
Thank you for posting back up, and for figuring this out on your own.

This is the first time I have had this happen, but this is great info should it ever pop up again.

I'm glad that everything is good to go now

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #882 of 923 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van B. View Post
Haven’t seen a PM. Checking to see if it’s the restriction I’m under or if you haven’t gotten to me yet?
Hmm maybe I forgot to..??

Sending one now

post #883 of 923 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich22 View Post
I have a '13 Toaureg TDI that I would like to have the TCM back to the pre-fix state. Please message be contract info, I don't have enough posts to on.

Thanks,
Rich
I will add you to the waiting list sir

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #884 of 923 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrktreg View Post
I will add you to the waiting list sir
Approx how long is the waiting list
post #885 of 923 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njballa View Post
Approx how long is the waiting list
Probably 3-4 weeks out provided everyone in front of you doesn't take too long

The Following User Says Thank You to yrktreg For This Useful Post:
trdltly (4 Weeks Ago)
post #886 of 923 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Fantastic news. I'm sure some sort of arrangement can be made with the appropriate security and insurance to guard against loss. As my Audi remains parked until a transmission solution is applied, having reached my limit for destructive transmission behaviour, I'm certainly open to discussing a means to resolve logistical issues.
post #887 of 923 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Supporting Member

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Summary: Trying to revert the "fix".

Hello all,

I want to take a minute to share my experience trying to reverse the Diesel Fix in my 2014 Touareg.
Car has barely 20K miles.
I bought it 6K miles ago with a 2-year warranty from a VW Dealer, which means the car had been “fixed”.

Since day one the car performed badly at low speeds 10-50 mph (suburban speed), due to the constant gear shifting. At highway speed the car was working ok, or at least there was not a visible problem.

Step 1: TCM

I bought a used European TCM (from Germany) and send it to YRKTREG, that very kindly flashed it for me.
I didn’t send him the one I had at the car, because I didn’t want to wait for the loaner program or be without the car for some days. Additionally, I wanted to keep the original one, in case I have to take the car to the dealer (still 15 months of warranty).
The new TCM solved some of the abrupt gear shifting and helped to keep the gears lower. It was something needed to be done.
Unfortunately, the ECU of the car had its own plans and kept working weirdly. Every time the car went over a bump and that slightly moved my foot from the throttle, or the car decelerated (gear shifting down) the car was acting weird. I felt like if the ignition was being cut off for a second to avoid the engine breaking. This is just an assumption. Anyhow it made the driving uncomfortable, especially for such a heavy car.

Step 2: ECU

YRKTREG still hasn’t come up with a remote reprograming of the ECU (as far as I know). After some research I came to the conclusion that the best option was to buy a Malone Kit.
These are Kits to tune up the car. You can go from moderate to crazy. I went for the lowest option (290 hp) that doesn’t require any hardware change (exhaust, etc.) This is a Stage 2 kit. It is pricy, about 800 usd, but allows you to set it back to original set up if wanted.
The Stage 2 is an “off road” only, so if you live in a state with emission keep that in mind. I live in Florida so no big deal. Malone assured me that the Stage 2 kit would improve the performance and make the car run better, so you don’t have to drive full throttle to feel the difference.
Once the Stage 2 was installed, I reset the TCM as well, in order to clear all variables.
The stage 2 brought a substantial increase in the performance, the car feels more sporty and definitely has more power. After 100 miles, I have started to feel a little bit the issues I had earlier: When the throttle pedal is suddenly released (Not pressed) the car acts weird. It is not definitely as bad as it used to be, and now it doesn’t seem to shutoff the ignition, but the deceleration is very strong. This is felt much more at low speeds (10-50 mph).
The drive is better that what it was after updating the TCM, but it is still not 100%, I would say is not even 75% of how the car should drive.

My questions/doubts…. If anyone wants to help… Is it anything else wrong that I have missed? Throttle? Any other programing to be done? I have a VCDS, but I don’t know what to modify.

PS: Thanks YRKTREG for your great work

JAB
post #888 of 923 Old 3 Weeks Ago

yrktreg, I am new on the site, but I need your help. I had the update done and hate the way my transmission works now on my 2014 Audi Q7. Can you please send me your email address with your info to get in line for the TCM fix.

Thanks,
Sam
post #889 of 923 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
hi @yrktreg I can not pm because of the low post count, I emailed you inquiring about the TCM re-flash on my 2015 touareg tdi
post #890 of 923 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabraldes View Post
Hello all,

I want to take a minute to share my experience trying to reverse the Diesel Fix in my 2014 Touareg.
Car has barely 20K miles.
I bought it 6K miles ago with a 2-year warranty from a VW Dealer, which means the car had been “fixed”.

Since day one the car performed badly at low speeds 10-50 mph (suburban speed), due to the constant gear shifting. At highway speed the car was working ok, or at least there was not a visible problem.

Step 1: TCM

I bought a used European TCM (from Germany) and send it to YRKTREG, that very kindly flashed it for me.
I didn’t send him the one I had at the car, because I didn’t want to wait for the loaner program or be without the car for some days. Additionally, I wanted to keep the original one, in case I have to take the car to the dealer (still 15 months of warranty).
The new TCM solved some of the abrupt gear shifting and helped to keep the gears lower. It was something needed to be done.
Unfortunately, the ECU of the car had its own plans and kept working weirdly. Every time the car went over a bump and that slightly moved my foot from the throttle, or the car decelerated (gear shifting down) the car was acting weird. I felt like if the ignition was being cut off for a second to avoid the engine breaking. This is just an assumption. Anyhow it made the driving uncomfortable, especially for such a heavy car.

Step 2: ECU

YRKTREG still hasn’t come up with a remote reprograming of the ECU (as far as I know). After some research I came to the conclusion that the best option was to buy a Malone Kit.
These are Kits to tune up the car. You can go from moderate to crazy. I went for the lowest option (290 hp) that doesn’t require any hardware change (exhaust, etc.) This is a Stage 2 kit. It is pricy, about 800 usd, but allows you to set it back to original set up if wanted.
The Stage 2 is an “off road” only, so if you live in a state with emission keep that in mind. I live in Florida so no big deal. Malone assured me that the Stage 2 kit would improve the performance and make the car run better, so you don’t have to drive full throttle to feel the difference.
Once the Stage 2 was installed, I reset the TCM as well, in order to clear all variables.
The stage 2 brought a substantial increase in the performance, the car feels more sporty and definitely has more power. After 100 miles, I have started to feel a little bit the issues I had earlier: When the throttle pedal is suddenly released (Not pressed) the car acts weird. It is not definitely as bad as it used to be, and now it doesn’t seem to shutoff the ignition, but the deceleration is very strong. This is felt much more at low speeds (10-50 mph).
The drive is better that what it was after updating the TCM, but it is still not 100%, I would say is not even 75% of how the car should drive.

My questions/doubts…. If anyone wants to help… Is it anything else wrong that I have missed? Throttle? Any other programing to be done? I have a VCDS, but I don’t know what to modify.

PS: Thanks YRKTREG for your great work

JAB
My Cayenne has a similar behavior as well. Mostly noted when it's humid outside and oil temp is in the range 100-150F. Completely goes away once the engine is warmed up.
I saw others complain about that too:
3.0TDI GenII post Emissions Modification - TDIClub Forums

Tags
dieselgate , fix , shifting , touareg , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode