Chip Your Car - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #1 of 45 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Garage
Chip Your Car

Just purchased 2015 TDI and wondered if anyone has used this chip and if so what were results
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 10-07-2018

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Garage
Send a message via MSN to Steve_L Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_L
Welcome.

Congrats on the purchase.

What are the details of the chip?

2007 Touareg MY08 V6 TDI - Atacama Grey (Beige Trim) Tow Pack, RNS510, 9W7, Tint, V10 Exhaust Tips, Bilstein Sports Shocks, King Springs

2008 Golf MKV R32 (Deep Blue) 5dr, DSG, RNS, Sunroof, Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser, Drilled/Slotted Rotor, Neuspeed F/R Swaybars, Unibrace, W.A.L.K., Tyrol-sport Chassis bolts, 9W2, Polar FIS+

2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (waaaay too many mods to list here) - The Mile Muncher
post #3 of 45 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Garage
Says it will increase HP by 60 and increase milage by 5 mpg Just plugs in and takes 60 seconds to install That is all I know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 10-07-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Yeah . . . right . . .

You might get better fuel consumption.

You might get more power.

You won't get both at the same time!

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
post #5 of 45 Old 10-07-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Malone Tuning and JR Auto tuning/TuneMyEuro are well known and respected for TDI tunes.
You can always be a Guinea Pig with something new and let us know how it goes.
yrkTreg has some 'fixes' for the performance changes due to the DieselGate fix.

2016 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI Lux
2018 Passat 2.0 TSI R-Line
post #6 of 45 Old 10-07-2018
Learner

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by winposton1 View Post
Just purchased 2015 TDI and wondered if anyone has used this chip and if so what were results
my experience has been with Superchips, this mob out of UK. have had stage 1 on the V10 for nearly 10 years, better power and economy. no issues.
Havent done the same with the 2015 V8tdi yet, but will do once the warranty runs out(got extended on purchase)

V8 TDI R line MY15, White, Panoramic roof, VW towbar. Dynamic Road Sign Recognition, Lane Assist, Traffic Reports, Google Earth enabled. All Led.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.
post #7 of 45 Old 10-11-2018

Tunit

I've got Tunit boxes on my R50. More power and torque at slightly better economy. Dynotest is attached. I run it on the maximum setting all the time as the economy gets better the higher you set it. On my car anyway. I haven't had any issues with them. Not sure if they are available in the US.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R50_Dynotest_20170724.pdf (638.3 KB, 68 views)

Paul
2009 R50 Biscay Blue, Worth every cent!

2007 Golf GTi, gone, sad day
post #8 of 45 Old 10-11-2018
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2005 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Don't fool yourself. If you want economy, drive slower. The engine is already tuned for best economy.

If you want more power and you chip it, then more fuel is added. Sometimes remaps will up the boost as well.

I had a chip and saw the oil temps shoot up by about 10-15 degrees celsius. I sold the chip.

The really cheap plug and play chips is a parralel resistor on the fuel temp sensor. It fools the ecu into thinking the fuel is hotter than what it actually is so the ecu injects more fuel to compensate (as hot fuel is less dense than cold fuel). More fuel = more power.

My advice : just leave the thing alone. It's not a supercar and it's by no means slow for a 2.5 tonne SUV.

All vw/audi engines must use 507.00 spec oil except non-DPF R5/V10 engines that must use 505.01/506.01
93 Pajero GLS 3.0 V6 LWB - SOLD
2001 Gen3 Di-D LWB - SOLD
2005 Touareg 2.5 TDi Air & Bi-Xenon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4ePikanini For This Useful Post:
Black Grouse (10-11-2018), Scooter67 (12-23-2018)
post #9 of 45 Old 10-11-2018

My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ePikanini View Post
Don't fool yourself. If you want economy, drive slower. The engine is already tuned for best economy.

If you want more power and you chip it, then more fuel is added. Sometimes remaps will up the boost as well.

I had a chip and saw the oil temps shoot up by about 10-15 degrees celsius. I sold the chip.

The really cheap plug and play chips is a parralel resistor on the fuel temp sensor. It fools the ecu into thinking the fuel is hotter than what it actually is so the ecu injects more fuel to compensate (as hot fuel is less dense than cold fuel). More fuel = more power.

My advice : just leave the thing alone. It's not a supercar and it's by no means slow for a 2.5 tonne SUV.

That's your opinion. You obviously don't agree with mine. I actually worked out my fuel consumption the old fashioned way for months after fitting the boxes, just driving normally, one tank at a time. The boxes have settings of 0-9, 0 being off. I tested it at 0, 5 and 9. The results were unexpected, and that's why I took it for a dynotest. I don't know why you would think I'm driving it like a supercar, but I could and sometimes I do take it for a sprint. Guaranteed if you were sitting next to me, you'd probably want to as well. I'm quite familiar with how the tuning boxes work as I've done a lot of research before installing them. I've had no issues with temperatures or anything else. The car still gets serviced by VW and I took it there after it was fitted for them to check out. They couldn't find anything to suggest that the boxes are going to cause any sort of damage. So to sum up, you might have had a bum chip or you didn't do your research properly. I wouldn't take the tuning boxes off again. The dynotest tells me I'd be stupid to.

Paul
2009 R50 Biscay Blue, Worth every cent!

2007 Golf GTi, gone, sad day
post #10 of 45 Old 10-11-2018

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty R50 View Post
That's your opinion. You obviously don't agree with mine. I actually worked out my fuel consumption the old fashioned way for months after fitting the boxes, just driving normally, one tank at a time. The boxes have settings of 0-9, 0 being off. I tested it at 0, 5 and 9. The results were unexpected, and that's why I took it for a dynotest. I don't know why you would think I'm driving it like a supercar, but I could and sometimes I do take it for a sprint. Guaranteed if you were sitting next to me, you'd probably want to as well. I'm quite familiar with how the tuning boxes work as I've done a lot of research before installing them. I've had no issues with temperatures or anything else. The car still gets serviced by VW and I took it there after it was fitted for them to check out. They couldn't find anything to suggest that the boxes are going to cause any sort of damage. So to sum up, you might have had a bum chip or you didn't do your research properly. I wouldn't take the tuning boxes off again. The dynotest tells me I'd be stupid to.
Interesting... you guys this is a bit hilarious. A tune by Malone would give you both more torque and efficiency as in economy. (Everyone knows if the new found power is too hard to keep your foot outa it the economy is lost) however if one only uses the go pedal occasionally it will net you better mpg. By the way I have no vetted interest in Malone. I just know you can have your cake and eat it both!
Dirty R50 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode