2013 v6 slight miss/jerk, sometimes involuntary surge - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 04-06-2019 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
2013 v6 slight miss/jerk, sometimes involuntary surge

When I am into a light throttle usually before engine is really warmed up I get this miss/jerking , and once in a while it revs up and down on its own...... If i stop , and restart it goes away for awhile. I originally thought it was my tranny acting up , but now believe it is fuel related. Anyone have this issue and can advise me where to look . No codes. If i lay a bit more heavy into the throttle I do not experience this issue. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-07-2019
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
I had exactly the same issue with my '08, CASA engine.

Has done it in varying degrees for a number of years, concerning at first but learnt to live with it as only occurs when cold, has not led to any engine issues over the years as she runs beautifully after 10-15kms, just ignore it.
BTW, my current '08 CASA does not display these symptoms, go figure?

TonyB

MY08 V6TDi, Atacama Grey, Air Suspension, Bi-Xenons
Enhancements: OEM Paddle Shifters, OEM Tow Pack, OEM LED load Module, Red Arc Tow Pro Elite Brake Controller, Icom IC-440 UHF, 6 Spot 17Z Front Brakes, FM100 Aux fuel filter + water alarm, Pro Vent catch can, 20" Road Tyres + spare, 17" A/T Off-road tyres + 2 x full size spares, AG Custom alloy underbody front+ centre+rear alloy protection plates.

MY08 V6TDi, Campanella White
My first Touareg love affair, found a new home locally.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-07-2019
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Typically, you'll experience similar behaviour if the system is attempting to do a regen... rpm, boost, fuel will all be manipulated. The exhaust flap will also be activated and you usually can't notice these changes.... but if you're not driving at a constant throttle or higher rpms already, then they can be distinctive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-07-2019 Thread Starter

I should have mentioned , I am at 161k and deleted with a stage 2 Malone tune. Does this exhaust flap still affect me? Maybe I have an EGR or intake manifold partially clogged issue? Just wondering if anyone has found this issue and found a solution to it? The hesitation or slight jerking comes at almost any time these days. I donít know if it should be worrisome or not. Thanks .
post #5 of 11 Old 04-07-2019
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
If you're deleted, then you're not experiencing regens....... so you have a different thing going on for sure.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-08-2019 Thread Starter

yeah thanks anyway, I had the Treg in to the dealer for an oil leak at the timing chain cover this past winter... does anyone think they may have missed plugging something together?
post #7 of 11 Old 04-16-2019 Thread Starter

I am guessing I must have a freak issue here since no one has any suggestions for me? Las t Sunday on a 1 hour trip I noticed if I ran on cruise the issue did not seem to occur? Would give me any possible lead to a fix?
post #8 of 11 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
I have a 2015 Treg that I picked up last November (~28k miles at the time, now at ~33k). The past few weeks, I noticed the same thing but only under some conditions.

In the morning when going to work its fine, regardless of temp (outside temp of -20 deg F to 50 deg F). About 18 miles to work, mostly freeway. I go to lunch about 4 hours later and it is still fine. Usually only go a few miles to/from lunch. When I go home another 4-5 hours later is when I notice the surging. I'll leave the parking lot and and drive the two or so miles to the entrance ramp. It does surging during this after its been running for a bit. Once I get to the entrance ramp, I give it some juice to get up to speed and it will continue to surge a little bit for the next minute or so and then it goes away for the rest of the time. One thing I need to pay attention to is if it does this when I don't go to lunch, so it sits all day long.

Could it be having an issue with going on short trips and/or not fully cooling?

The Treg is 2015 stock factory build with The Fixô being applied last Sept (before I got it).

2015 Touareg TDI Exec
2000 Passat GLS V6 (sold for Touareg after 18y 7m and 176,877 miles)
post #9 of 11 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks for chiming in here. It is nice to have someone who can identify with me on this issue. I am still working on figuring this thing out. First I thought it was my TCM. After replacing it, and no changes, I began to suspect my fueling. I am of the suspicion it may be related to both. Here's something I believe we could experiment with. Drive till the stuttering begins, hit your cruise to on at whatever speed you can in the area you find yourself in, and see if it goes away. What would this possibly indicate? It could indicate a faulty accelerator pedal that is to signal the fueling/transmission when it can't determine what is being required. What do you think?
post #10 of 11 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Just confirmed on a 18 hour round trip to New York State and back that there are NO HICCUPS if cruise is used. This seems to confirm that there is an accelerator pedal sensor not functioning correctly since when on cruise the cruise takes over the throttle response. I am going to continue this experiment and see if I can confirm this suspicion. Then Iím thinking ill need to replace my accelerator pedal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode