2013 TDI thoughts - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 25 Old 11-06-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V8 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
2013 TDI thoughts

Guys I found a 2013 TDI Lux with 70k on the clock. Is this a ok year? They want $20k for it and seems real clean with no issues. 2 years engine and tranny warranty and 30 days bumper to bumper. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2016 Touareg TDI Lux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-06-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
There are features you will miss from your T2, but the 2013 is a nice Treg. As usual, ensure all the service records are available, and look for obvious leaks and odd sounds.

"Callie" - 2013 Touareg TDI Execline, Cool Silver on Titan black
"Sophie" - 2010 Touareg TDI Highline, Campanella white on Anthracite - sold back to VW
"Celeste" - 2009 Eos 2.0T DSG Lux, Candy white on Anthracite
"Simone" - 2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, HID projectors
"Rocinante" - 1990 JDM HDJ81 Toyota Landcruiser turbodiesel, 5 speed, RHD
post #3 of 25 Old 11-06-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
Guys I found a 2013 TDI Lux with 70k on the clock. Is this a ok year? They want $20k for it and seems real clean with no issues. 2 years engine and tranny warranty and 30 days bumper to bumper. Thoughts?

I paid 30k (the equivalent of anyways) for my 2014 Execline with 60k on it about 2 months ago up here.......
I'm not sure how common they are in your area, but I drove around looking at a dozen or more all over the place (I mean 500 miles all together probably) until I decided that this was my best option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 11-06-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I like this one but the dang radio keeps changing sound level while riding down the highway. I even turned off the auto sound level feature but no luck. Sucks

2016 Touareg TDI Lux
post #5 of 25 Old 11-06-2018

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
My opinion

I think that the miles on a car matters a lot when considering what to buy. I just got a 2013 TDI Exec. at a dealer with 19k miles for $25k, I feel I can look forward to maybe 6 years of pretty reliable service while the mileage is under 100k, the same car with 70k is maybe 2 to 3 years from 100k miles. 100k is not a magic number, in my experience that is when, the more expensive repairs and maintenance start to kick in. With all the cars I have owned in the last 10 years it seems like 50 cents a mile is the average depreciation when it is time to sell or trade in. I would look for a lower mileage Touareg, they are out there.
post #6 of 25 Old 11-06-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower7700 View Post
I think that the miles on a car matters a lot when considering what to buy. I just got a 2013 TDI Exec. at a dealer with 19k miles for $25k, I feel I can look forward to maybe 6 years of pretty reliable service while the mileage is under 100k, the same car with 70k is maybe 2 to 3 years from 100k miles. 100k is not a magic number, in my experience that is when, the more expensive repairs and maintenance start to kick in. With all the cars I have owned in the last 10 years it seems like 50 cents a mile is the average depreciation when it is time to sell or trade in. I would look for a lower mileage Touareg, they are out there.

I have found 4-5 2015-2106ís execís but all are 33-38k which is way to much for me. I did find one at a non name import dealer for 25k but those type dealers sometimes have problem vehicles so scared of it.

2016 Touareg TDI Lux
post #7 of 25 Old 11-06-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower7700 View Post
Buying a TDI now, you get the extended emissions fix warranty on almost everything that could go wrong with the engine for that extra 48k or whatever it is in the states.... that gives you 4 years (depending on the amount of driving you do) of worry free coverage since the fix was done.... even if you're already at 200k miles or something.
post #8 of 25 Old 11-06-2018 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I see some are getting great deals but man are they still high around here.

2016 Touareg TDI Lux
post #9 of 25 Old 11-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboABA View Post
Buying a TDI now, you get the extended emissions fix warranty on almost everything that could go wrong with the engine for that extra 48k or whatever it is in the states.... that gives you 4 years (depending on the amount of driving you do) of worry free coverage since the fix was done.... even if you're already at 200k miles or something.
I just bought a 2013 Executive with 157 k on the clock... do you actually think I may have an extended warranty since the fix was done? ????
post #10 of 25 Old 11-06-2018

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Good deal

I found that the underground market for TDI's is strong, tried to buy from Carvana but they pulled a bait and switch, eventually found mine at a Mazda dealer in farm country, Salinas Ca, where everybody drives a truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode