2013 Tdi Coolant Leak- Oil cooler - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 1 Old 12-11-2018 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
2013 Tdi Coolant Leak- Oil cooler

Hey folks, I'm here trying to get some feedback regarding a coolant leak on my 2013 TDI.

In about 2 1/2 months time, it went from full reservoir to low coolant light on. I took it in beginning of Sept. for the leak. The dealership tested it and said it needed a new water pump.

I let them go ahead with the pump install. Middle of November I get the low coolant light again. Same pattern..about 2 1/2 months from full to low warning light.

I took it to the same dealership last week to check it out again. They first told me it was the EGR system. I knew that would be warrantied under the additional warranty due to the fraud settlement and I told them so.

Advisor said he'd have to check with the warranty administrator. He finally got back with me and now says he misspoke. The problem is not the EGR system it's actually an oil cooler that's directly below the egr. He also told me the throttle body had to come off to find the leak. He says the throttle body is extremely dirty with carbon and soot and they are too delicate to clean...just letting me know as a heads up to me.

Due to my location going to any other dealership is a much, much longer drive and inconvenient ordeal...

Does what they are telling me sound plausible? I have to ask the question because they have done something in the past that really damaged the trust so to speak. I'd appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode