Oil Pressure- Engine Off - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 7 Old 05-19-2015 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2010 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Oil Pressure- Engine Off

so I have been getting this message for awhile now I am sure it is a faulty oil sender unit and i have ordered one from VW... don't you think there should be a code for it in vagcom though.. nothing comes up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-20-2015
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
If you have aTDI there is a known issue with faulty oil pressure sensor(s). Either the high or low oil pressure sensor. There is thread in here already about the issue. Use the "search" function.

If you have a gasser. Can't help ya.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-20-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
I would also be interested to know if you have a gasser or TDI, our 2011 VR6 is having issues with both Oil Level Fault and Oil Pressure Warning and VW Dealer has not been able to fix.

So far we have had new sender for both Oil Level and Oil Pressure and the connector to the Oil Level Sender was replaced because it was full of water and corroded.

The warnings are still happening.

2000 Jetta GLS 2.0 Auto, 2002 Passat GLS 1.8T Auto, 2005 GLI 1.8T 6 Sp, 2008 Passat 2.0T Triptronic (APR Stage 1 Tune, VW DG Springs/Koni Yellow Shocks), 2011 Touareg Lux VR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-20-2015 Thread Starter

yeah, VR6 gas engine.. I know about the issues with the diesel, hoping this is the sensor as well. I just find it odd that nothing comes up on it on vagcom. One would think if something is setting off the mfi that it would show up on vagcom.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-20-2015

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Garage
This may not be applicable. I have a 2.0 FSI Jetta which uses a little oil between changes and comes up with the same error if the level gets down more than 1.5 litres below the full mark.

Has only happened once or twice when I have forgotten about the above average consumption. My plan is to fix by doing an engine rebuild, but I am trying to put that off for a while.

Being an FSI engine there may be some commonality with the faults..

Stuart...

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #6 of 7 Old 05-21-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 FSI
hedditch thanks for the suggestion, I installed a dipstick when this first started happening and the oil level is spot on full when this is happening.

Problems like this are challenging for VW service, they chase problem by replacing parts really not knowing the cause.

2000 Jetta GLS 2.0 Auto, 2002 Passat GLS 1.8T Auto, 2005 GLI 1.8T 6 Sp, 2008 Passat 2.0T Triptronic (APR Stage 1 Tune, VW DG Springs/Koni Yellow Shocks), 2011 Touareg Lux VR6
post #7 of 7 Old 05-21-2015 Thread Starter

I replaced the oil pressure sender unit yesterday and so far so good, only about 50 miles on the car but it hasn't beeped yet; time will tell. The old sender looked fine but not really something you can tell by looking at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in