Oh no! I've got the clunks! - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums

post #11 of 31 Old 10-04-2015

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
I am surprised at the pain people put them selves through by not using the Search option..

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 10-04-2015

Touareg: 2012 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I'm surprised also geez people search
post #13 of 31 Old 10-04-2015

Did you see the thread somebody posted, they obviously forgot to search
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 Old 10-04-2015

I thought the purpose of a forum was for one enthusiast to ask other enthusiasts a question they might have,,,, not promote the f&@kn' search button
post #15 of 31 Old 10-04-2015

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runz12s View Post
I thought the purpose of a forum was for one enthusiast to ask other enthusiasts a question they might have,,,, not promote the f&@kn' search button
Hold on there! If you understood "my" posting as a complaint, then you have completely missed my point. This forum has a fantastic collection of valuable information already posted and was not directed at your posting. I personally find searching back through old posting a valuable exercise. Each to their own.

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #16 of 31 Old 10-04-2015
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Quote:

While I have seen your post and have no issues with helping owners with any info I can, I do get the could not be bothered feeling when I have posted a detailed drive shaft rebuild procedure and it sort of goes to waste when I have to revisit it.
Have a search and if you have anymore questions please ask and I and no doubt others would be only to happy to provide information.

regards
Drag
post #17 of 31 Old 10-05-2015
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Quote:
Yes, and the Search function was EXACTLY the right place to send you.

Now you've had your little tantrum, have you actually taken the trouble to type Colorado Drive Shaft into the Search box and seen just how many helpful threads there are?

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
post #18 of 31 Old 10-05-2015

I do search,,, smfh
post #19 of 31 Old 10-05-2015

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Just went through this on my 06 V8. I got a complete replacement shaft off ebay for $320. There is extensive repair advice for that job on this board. Dropping the rear exhaust section makes the repair much easier. But it's basically a 6, 6, and 3 job. 6 triple square bolts on the differential. 6 bolts on the carrier bracket, and 3 of the 6 bolts on the front flex joint. You'll have to put the car up on stands. Easily a DIY job. I've still got some issue with mine. Very infrequently, going up hill, my shaft seems to skip a beat. Almost like it slips a notch, but very subtle. I'm not sure if the center carrier bearing bracket needs to be aligned (the bolt holes allow for alignment to some degree) and the bolt torque for the flex disc might be an issue or it might be something else altogether. But in any event, there is an entire section on the repair on this board.
post #20 of 31 Old 01-06-2017

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
've got the cluncks BUT it is not the rear driveshaft

Help me figure this one out. I have this cluncking that feels like it is under the passenger seat. Only on brisk acceleration, like turning left onto a busy street trying to get up to speed of traffic. If I accelerate easily no clunk, if I go past half throttle Clunks. They do not seem to change with the speed of the car, and there are only 3 or maybe 4 before I ease up on the throttle and then all smooth and good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode