Hybrid Engine sometimes could not startup - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 07-18-2018 Thread Starter

Hybrid Engine sometimes could not startup

Hi, I own a 2011 hybrid and sometimes at low speed (~10km/h) and when my electric motor has enough charged, the electric motor will kick in. Then when I press my accelerator to pick up, I will encounter (~ once a month) the engine will not kick in and the car is almost dead. I need to switch off and on again in order to "reset" the system. Anyone has encountered such case? What is the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-19-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 Hybrid
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Never had that happen. You didnít get any hybrid fault messages? The system is complex so my advice would be to take it to the dealer. Chances are they will connect the car to VW tech support and work with them to diagnose the issue. Iíve had several hybrid faults that were all fixed under warranty. Some Hybrid components are considered as part of the emissions package and will have a separate, longer warranty than the factory one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2018

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleabag View Post
Never had that happen. You didnít get any hybrid fault messages? The system is complex so my advice would be to take it to the dealer. Chances are they will connect the car to VW tech support and work with them to diagnose the issue. Iíve had several hybrid faults that were all fixed under warranty. Some Hybrid components are considered as part of the emissions package and will have a separate, longer warranty than the factory one.

I have a couple of Fault codes showing on my Ifotainment system in my 2011 Hybrid. On is saying 'Hybrid system Fault contact dealer'. So I took my Touareg today to the dealer, I show him a printed picture of the faults and told him that the hybrid system is still under warranty. He called me back saying that my CATs are failing WTF!! How the CAT make a fault into hybrid system? that doesn't make sense. I asked the dealer how the CATs make a fault of the hybrid and he told me that the oxygen sensor make the hybrid fault. WTF!!

I have experienced some missfiring in the morning. I understand that the missfairing is because of the carbon deposits in the intake manifold (all FSI and TSI audi and VW engine suffer that) also I know that is time to change spark plugs, and de-carb by walnut blasting. But How can I make the dealer understand that there is something going on with the hybrid system?

The second fault is 'E-mode not available' even when im stopped, fully charge battery. The dealer said they did not found anything wrong.

My hybrid warranty expires next year or 18 K miles. I already tried 2 out of 3 dealers in the city. How did you get the dealer really troubleshoot your hybrid system? what were your symptoms. Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: Still looking
The dealer scans the fault codes and sometimes calls VW tech line and the troubleshoot the issue together. The fault codes should be on the service report.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode