High and Rough Idle 2008 VR6 now popping? - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums

post #61 of 153 Old 11-09-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
I might mail him to the tundra soon if he doesn't get this figured out

On a side note: progress! They replaced all coils and verified it still happens. They also finally identified that it most likely possibly but most likely not something with the timing. What about the timing? Good question.

Replace and work list:
1. MAF
2. Coils
3. Throttle body
4. Parts of alternator
5. Pull intake manifold, check valves and de-carbon soak stuff.
6. Many other things I haven't been told
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 153 Old 11-10-2011
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywood02 View Post
siberian-
I asked about the tranny yesterday actually. They havent gotten to that work as of yet, because of all the other work occuring. As soon as I hear a resolution to that, you will be the first one to hear, since we made the same mistake!
What's up with your Tranny? - Never mind - found the thread

Back to the stumble issue, I've never noticed any funny noises on start up from mine, but I'll have to pay attention to it tomorrow morning. I'm at about 56k right now...

Current:
2014 TDI Exec - White w/ Cornsilk

Gone to a great new home:
2008 V6 Cranberry Red - Lux Plus (Leather, Keyless) Tech + Dynaudio, Air, Tow, 4 Zone Climate
post #63 of 153 Old 11-11-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Today: Talked to Steve the GM briefly. They will be getting me a loaner Touareg this week (tomorrow) as I have a bit of towing to do in the next week. Also, he will be sending me a check to cover this months payment, along with doing the alignment for free, leaving me with my $200 VW certificate to use at my leasure.

Troubleshooting: They are running a check of all of the engine sensors. Its a lot like basic settings or "Return Readiness" but they are looking for a flaw where the a temp sensor is reading abnormally low or high when it comes online. VW Regional tech is coming on Monday and will be working on it until completed.

Still have the TCM module being offline, along with the rear center seat belt to work on once this is finished. Maybe I should ask for a bow to be on the car when I finally get it back on Xmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 153 Old 11-11-2011
My God,it's full of stars

Touareg: 2008 V8
Terry, just heard from Uwe, he located a TCM module and its being shipped from FL to him so he can begin testing. I'll update.

Keep the faith

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 153 Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Another day another nothing:

VW Regional Tech is in today and tomorrow, spending some quality time with my reg. In the mean time they gave me a loaded 08 V8 with every option but air. Loving 4 zone and even enjoy the RNS-2 nav. V8 is one hell of a sprinter on the interstate, a little deceiving how quickly it can jump up and go. Maybe ill just tell them to swap my loan to this one
post #66 of 153 Old 11-17-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

More tests today: VW Regional tech is doing a Wet bleed test to the valves. Put fluid on top of valves, pressurize cylinder, watch for bubbles, repeat. All sensors passed and none needed replacement. They still have yet to check the engine breather that was the forums initial guess. Maybe I should bring it up again, as oil was blowing through there pretty heavily.
post #67 of 153 Old 11-17-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2009 V6
Wet valve test... hmmm. Sounds like a more precise version of a leakdown test, but when did valve leakage become suspect ?

I recall at one time that there was some discussion of the variable valve timing / phasing controls... have they looked into anything there ?

I have not looked into how the VVT works on these engines --- is it hydraulically (engine oil) actuated ? Could those of us that have problems all have something in common regarding oil change history, etc ?

Just trying to find some common denominator that separates us from the others that are not exhibiting the problem (...yet )
post #68 of 153 Old 11-17-2011
My God,it's full of stars

Touareg: 2008 V8
The wet breath and pressurization will cause the PCV or breather valve to ooze. But I would have thought that would have been one of the first "easy button" to check.

Keep us posted, I've been back and forth with Uwe's assistant re. TCM; nothing new yet.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #69 of 153 Old 11-17-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

So, wet test showed everything is healthy in the valve train. The thought now is that the timing is trying to adjust to compensate for the "incomplete detonation" that is occurring. In other words, the valve system is in working order, but something else is causing the detonation issues. The dealer is still working there asses off over this thing, trying to get the regional tech every piece of info they can. Hopefully tomorrow the regional tech will finally make an appearance. The manager verified my check for a month payment should be in my hands tomorrow or Saturday.

So now we are waiting.. again.
post #70 of 153 Old 11-18-2011

Touareg: 2009 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Thank you for what you and your dealership are doing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode