Club Touareg Forum banner

Help! Brake Assistance Workshop!!!

16K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  anastasioskorali 
#1 ·
The brake assistant workshop light came on after washing my Touareg. And now my Touareg will not go into gear and the ABS an EPC lights are on. Please help!!!

#2 ·
Check to see if the driver side floor is wet!

#4 ·
The problem is that a major wiring harness runs just under the drivers feet and those wires have a tendency to fray. Add water and they short out or short to ground. Get the carpet DRY, inspect the wiring and make repairs if necessary. Find and fix the source of the leak which is probably the cowl drain.

If drying the carpet area has not fixed the error and unless you have a VCDS cable o determine what the fault is a clear it, you should probably try to clear by pulling the negative battery cable under the drivers seat.

#6 ·
I am facing the same issue exactly. and my touareg is not starting but the gear is stuck at "P".
EPS and ABS lights are ON.
Workshop brake fault warning.
System fault Warning.
I tried disconnecting the battery as some people told me that i might be able to reset the engine computer by doing so, BUT nothing happend :/
my car is parked in the 4th basement and i cant even tow it as its not moving :s
its really annoying :mad:
any help or updates regarding this issue

#7 ·
Momani,
I did get this problem fixed and it does take a few steps. The first thing I did was clear out the cowl drains, since they were clogged(I had a mouse nest in there...). Then I had to raise the driver seat where are you exposed battery. Then I lifted up the carpet to expose all of the wiring harness, my carpet was sopping wet. A wet carpet causes corrosion on the wires since they are taped with fabric tape.

Wire Electrical wiring

Along the top end of the wiring harness where you sit your left foot, you will find a single wire that has 2 to 3 inches of fabric tape on it and you need to remove the tape. This is the wire with the corrosion that you will need to cut off.

Finger Hand Textile Metal

What I did is soldered the wire back together and used srink tube to bond it so that it doesn't happen ever again. After this is complete your car should turn back on and be fine again. But I would also also let your carpet dry out.
After it is said and done, I would check your cowl drains about once a year.

Let me know if this works for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.