Help! Brake Assistance Workshop!!! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 8 Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2009 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
Help! Brake Assistance Workshop!!!

The brake assistant workshop light came on after washing my Touareg. And now my Touareg will not go into gear and the ABS an EPC lights are on. Please help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-14-2014
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Check to see if the driver side floor is wet!

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter

Garage
It was a little damp but it's been drying it out for two days now, so it should be dry enough. Is there a way to reset the sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-14-2014
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
The problem is that a major wiring harness runs just under the drivers feet and those wires have a tendency to fray. Add water and they short out or short to ground. Get the carpet DRY, inspect the wiring and make repairs if necessary. Find and fix the source of the leak which is probably the cowl drain.

If drying the carpet area has not fixed the error and unless you have a VCDS cable o determine what the fault is a clear it, you should probably try to clear by pulling the negative battery cable under the drivers seat.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

post #5 of 8 Old 07-14-2014 Thread Starter

Garage
I will do that thanks for your help!
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2015

Touareg: 2008 V6
I am facing the same issue exactly. and my touareg is not starting but the gear is stuck at "P".
EPS and ABS lights are ON.
Workshop brake fault warning.
System fault Warning.
I tried disconnecting the battery as some people told me that i might be able to reset the engine computer by doing so, BUT nothing happend :/
my car is parked in the 4th basement and i cant even tow it as its not moving :s
its really annoying :@
any help or updates regarding this issue
post #7 of 8 Old 07-20-2015 Thread Starter

Garage
Momani,
I did get this problem fixed and it does take a few steps. The first thing I did was clear out the cowl drains, since they were clogged(I had a mouse nest in there...). Then I had to raise the driver seat where are you exposed battery. Then I lifted up the carpet to expose all of the wiring harness, my carpet was sopping wet. A wet carpet causes corrosion on the wires since they are taped with fabric tape.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150720_175019.png
Views:	178
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	112833

Along the top end of the wiring harness where you sit your left foot, you will find a single wire that has 2 to 3 inches of fabric tape on it and you need to remove the tape. This is the wire with the corrosion that you will need to cut off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150720_175418.png
Views:	113
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	112841

What I did is soldered the wire back together and used srink tube to bond it so that it doesn't happen ever again. After this is complete your car should turn back on and be fine again. But I would also also let your carpet dry out.
After it is said and done, I would check your cowl drains about once a year.

Let me know if this works for you!
post #8 of 8 Old 12-08-2017

Touareg: Still looking
Hi guys I have followed your instructions as you mentioned rat the above message at the link without luck. Any ideas would be valuable ( when the gear is on the p status at the gearbox is locked) thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in