Club Touareg Forum banner

Fuel Supply Sensor 2 Fault Code

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mmoollssoonn 
#1 ·
Last week I had the dealer perform the Fuel Pump Flange recall on my 2008 Touareg. Within 24hrs I had a check engine light come on of course.
I scanned with my VCDS and came back with the following:

1 Fault Found:
00438 - Fuel Supply Sensor 2 (G169)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101010
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset Counter: 128
Mileage: 119159 km

I cleared the code on 9/25.
My wife just reported that the engine light was on again. I suspect it's going to be the same code.
I'm not looking forward to going BACK to the dealer because I already know i'm going to get a song and dance about how it's not related, and how I have to pay for the repair, yada yada yada...
I find it a strange coincidence that this happens immediately after they were in there messing around with the fuel pump & flange.

Is this something I can address myself?

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, but i'm just certain they'll figure out a way to say it's not related. Frustrating. I already know i'm going to be very frustrated dealing with them on this and likely not going to come out of it without having to pay out of pocket.

#3 ·
What is the fuel gauge reading with check engine light?

First thing is to check the wiring that connects to the tank. Check the condition of the electrical connector. Is it connected, a pin bent or is seriously dirty?

Use a flashlight and check the pins on the tank itself and the female pins on the connector.

The other possibility - (though it wouldn't throw a fault to power code ) - is that the actual arm isn't moving correctly. It's not freely floating inside the tank.

Check this link: Change your Quattro fuel pump and now your gas gauge is acting stupid?

Last thing would be to replace the sensor.