fuel pump no power - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarrylMan

post #1 of 9 Old 04-21-2015 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2005 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
fuel pump no power

I have read many thread about the fuel pump but have not been able to solve my issue, so here it goes. CEL came on the lean mixture right and left codes were showing with engine rough idle below 1000rpm. changed fuel filter went to start engine, cranks but will not start. then checked relay and all were good, not sure if got the correct one, dealer said should be #395 in position #19 in fuse box, but in that position is #404 part number 4H0951253C. but this is the part number that the gave me. anyway, still does not start just cranks, so I then changed both pump because I had to open both sides anyway. after replaced tried to start, nothing. checked fuel pump, not turning on. no gas from fuel pump to engine. took line off, no fuel to engine. pumps are not turning on. so, pulled cable to reset computer, tried again will not start, pumps are still not turning on. checked engine for codes and it has P1937, generator not connected to B+. no clue what this means other than I have an open circuit somewhere. I am stumped and need help before I have it towed to some shop that will charge me $$$ and not get it running. any clues? I will try anything right now. BTW car has 103K miles and work fine until this. no symptoms, just started and then died!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-21-2015 Thread Starter

I also remember that the pump did turn on when opening the door after I changed the filter, however it would not start. I have taking out the 404 relay and it still will not start or power up the pumps. could the battery be to weak to start the pumps? it is the original one on an 05 w/ 103K miles.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-30-2015

Maybe something in these pics will point you in the right direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine systems1.jpg
Views:	1454
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	99289   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine systems2.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	99297  

Click image for larger version

Name:	engine systems3.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	99305  
biniloluk likes this.

2005 Touareg 3.2L V6
Favorite Quote:
"Boy, if brains was lard, you would'nt grease a very big pan" - Jed Clampett.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-10-2015
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xliemx717 View Post
I also remember that the pump did turn on when opening the door after I changed the filter, however it would not start. I have taking out the 404 relay and it still will not start or power up the pumps. could the battery be to weak to start the pumps? it is the original one on an 05 w/ 103K miles.
Have you checked fuse position 13 and 14 in the E-box to the left of the relays. There are two 15amp fuses for the fuel pumps. The 404 relays are also for the fuel pumps, but if fuse blown, no go. Seems like you are not getting power to the pumps. Have you checked the connection to the flange assemblies for power? Are the wiring connector and ground correct/ connected to the underside of the flange assemblies?
post #5 of 9 Old 05-11-2015 Thread Starter

well, found my problem, the main fuel pump is bad. A new pump that is not working. they are sending me another one and I will go from there.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-09-2016

Touareg: 2006 V8
ever figure it out??? i have same issue but P0627 code instead. i did check the connector clip to the pumps pos. and neg. points with meter and i get zero for bot sides. brand new pumps i benched tested with drill battery and both turn on, meaning they do work. where should i check next??
post #7 of 9 Old 01-12-2016
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotouareg06 View Post
ever figure it out??? i have same issue but P0627 code instead. i did check the connector clip to the pumps pos. and neg. points with meter and i get zero for bot sides. brand new pumps i benched tested with drill battery and both turn on, meaning they do work. where should i check next??
Can you hear the pump trying to prime when you open door?

There is an entry and start-authorization control unit in the dash below gauges that if faulty will not tell the pump to prime. Same if it fails. Part of the security for the vehicle. If all fuses are ok and relays not stuck open for the pumps, pumps work when DC power applied from a battery, would look at the unit. It plugs into a relay box below the dash, and is accessible.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-12-2016

Touareg: 2006 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6mdxvct View Post
Can you hear the pump trying to prime when you open door?

There is an entry and start-authorization control unit in the dash below gauges that if faulty will not tell the pump to prime. Same if it fails. Part of the security for the vehicle. If all fuses are ok and relays not stuck open for the pumps, pumps work when DC power applied from a battery, would look at the unit. It plugs into a relay box below the dash, and is accessible.

figured it out. fuel filter o ring was leaking so computer shut off power to pumps.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-05-2018

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
How did you know this? Specific code? Did you just clear the code to correct it? Very similar issue here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode