EvoMS IT Software - 4.2 FSI - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 16 Old 09-15-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
EvoMS IT Software - 4.2 FSI

So I've been chompin' at the bit to get some software loaded to the Touareg. JHM is my go-to company, when it comes down to raw Audi V8 performance. They do such great things with this platform, I just wish I could do more business with them.

But, after weeks of trying to find someone local to there shop, with no success. And even more time dedicated to finding a back up ECU to ship off to them... I gave up. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my local tuner... Evolution Motorsports.

If you are unfamiliar with their work, they are Porsche guys. Tried and true! They build insanely powerful Porsches all day, while still dabbling in the Audi/VW scene. So I had a few email exchanges with their team and made an appointment.

I stopped by at 11am and left by 1230pm. It was that easy. So if you can afford the downtime of a couple days, and wanna do the overnight shipping route... know that it should be a quick turnaround time.

NOW THE REVIEW:

My first impressions... definitely not the same WHOA!!! night & day difference like when you "chip" a turbocharged Audi/VW. But, I didn't expect that either.

So far, it seems like its a lil smoother to accelerate... and it seems to keep wanting to pull as it moves through the higher RPMs. With the understanding that the ECU still needs a couple hundred miles to really adjust... I'll have to keep an eye on it, as it adapts to the changes.

I'll let yall know what I think, in the end, after a week or so. Because you know the ultimate, "Was it worth the money?" will be the clincher. That will of course be up to you. For me, I just had to know what else could be done to get some more power out of this thing!!! (Minus a supercharger...)

But, something to consider... I did NOT pay what their website lists as the price. I won't disclose publicly what I did pay, out of respect to them. But, if you do decide to pull the trigger, feel free to email them or PM me for some details...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-15-2015
Touareg Addict

Garage
Good for you. Keep us posted as you log more miles on the tune.

----------------------------
2008 V8 CAMPANELLA WHITE, KESSY
NAV, 4 ZONE CLIMATE, DYNAUDIO, BI-XENON
LEISTUNG CUSTOM EXHAUST AND CAT BYPASS
MALONE TUNE, CAYENNE GTS SWAY BARS
2016 AUDI A3 S-LINE
2015 Q5 PREMIUM PLUS
post #3 of 16 Old 09-22-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

So... here we are... almost a week of the new software. I must say, it is still quite snappy. I bit more get up and go, is really the best way to describe it. It still wants to keep pulling hard all the way through the redline. Where as before, you knew when you got up there, it ran outta umpfh.

It took a couple days for the ECU to do some adjusting. But I think its pretty solid now. So if you have been looking for that lil something extra, I think its safe to say this is a trigger that needs pulling.

I will say though, without doing some of the other modifications to the intake boxes and the exhaust, I don't think the full potential of these motors can really be achieved. You really gotta open them up and let them breath.

So, if I had to advise... get some good flow from the intake boxes, eliminate as many restrictions as you can in the exhaust path, and get the tune! I think you will be happy with the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 09-26-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
what was the total damage to the wallet though.........
post #5 of 16 Old 09-26-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Replied by PM, just to keep it private and out of respect for the business. Don't wanna advertise a different price if their published one is higher...
post #6 of 16 Old 12-18-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Just a lil update on how the Touareg has been with this software...

AWESOME!!!

The intake and exhaust work has been nice. The lil JHM bolt-ons are pretty sweet. But I must say, with the cooler air out... the FSI is just screamin with plenty of get up and go on the top end. It just wants to go like a raped gorilla!

Just sayin... Yall should budget for a lil software upgrade...
post #7 of 16 Old 01-20-2016
Touareg Addict

Garage
I purchased a flash tool from Malone for my TDI and to my surprise, it was able to read and save the stock file from my T2 V8 FSI.

I contacted Malone and he said he had a tune for the Touareg V8 FSI. So after I emailed him some VCDS logs and my stock file, he sent me back his tune. I had similar first impressions as you did especially better throttle response and smooth power delivery up to redline. Yesterday I was asked for more VCDS logs to see if there was any room for improvement so I sent them off to Malone. I was told I'd get an update tomorrow. Great customer service.

With the tune, JHM lightened crank pulley and custom exhaust, this Touareg really comes alive! I like that updates can be done right in my garage with the Flashzilla. I am going to take it to a AWD Dyno after I decarb the intake.

2016 AUDI A3 S-LINE
2015 Q5 PREMIUM PLUS
post #8 of 16 Old 01-20-2016 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

That's awesome! I agree, having the capabilities to flash updates on the fly is pretty sweet. It eliminates the "off-the-shelf" tune factor. As much as we all have the same vehicles, we really don't. A custom file for a specific vehicle should always be superior than a universal flash.

So for that... I'm jealous!!
post #9 of 16 Old 01-20-2016 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

BUT!!! We may now have the founder of JHMotorsports as a forum member. Maybe we will have some more options coming...
post #10 of 16 Old 01-20-2016
Touareg Addict

Garage
Your correct about "cookie cutter" tunes. Every vehicle is different and so are the atmospheric conditions where they are operated. I'll probably do some more VCDS logs in a week or two and get another update. He likes to make subtle changes to make sure everything is safe and sound. I've been a good customer of his and plan on giving him more of my business in the future.

2016 AUDI A3 S-LINE
2015 Q5 PREMIUM PLUS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode