2005 T1 VR6: General engine info - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 06-13-2017 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
2005 T1 VR6: General engine info

Buddy is looking to get an older 2005 T1 with the VR6 with only 80K miles. I cannot tell if this is the is an FSI engine or not. Seems the VR6 engine changed for Vw in NA about 2005 but cannot find to much specifics and common issues then with which engine.

2008 V6 Lux+ Pkg with factory towing
Alaska grey
Delaware, Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-13-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2007 V8
Second Vehicle: 2007 V8
3.6 Liter is FSI for 2005 Engine code(s) BHK,BHL

07 V8 FSI, Campanella white, steel suspension(wife's)
07 V8 FSI, Campanella white, Air suspension, hitch, keyless start, center & rear diff locks 265/70R17 M+S (mine)
post #3 of 6 Old 06-14-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: 2007 V6
Garage
05 is going to be the 3.2 liter non FSI motor in a Touareg. The FSI was first offered in 07 and newer for the Touareg. However, note that there are older 3.6 motors in Passat (B5? Platform) dating back to 2005. This is where the 05 figure likely came from.

Of interest, my MY 2007 Touareg build date was April of 2006...so my motor was likely build sometime 05 or very early 06...but for an 07 model. Just seems odd.

Hope this helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-17-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2005 V6
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegelglatt View Post
05 is going to be the 3.2 liter non FSI motor in a Touareg. The FSI was first offered in 07 and newer for the Touareg. However, note that there are older 3.6 motors in Passat (B5? Platform) dating back to 2005. This is where the 05 figure likely came from.

Of interest, my MY 2007 Touareg build date was April of 2006...so my motor was likely build sometime 05 or very early 06...but for an 07 model. Just seems odd.

Hope this helps...
My 2005 Touareg has a 3.2L BMX engine and appears to have all features for the FSI technology which basically helps the engine meet LEV2 emission standards. The VW self study program for the 3.2L and 3.6L has a copyright date of 2006. Are you sure the FSI was not available until 2007?
post #5 of 6 Old 06-17-2017
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
Direct Fuel Injection came into the Touareg mix with the first facelift (2007) that introduced the large front chrome nose. That was also the year that the electronics were upgraded to full canbus, so all the electronic controllers are changed.

The older 04-06 V6 was a solid engine.

Quote:
Two new gasoline direct-injected engines are added to Volkswagen's Touareg lineup for 2007. Also, a power rear liftgate and keyless access with a start/stop button are newly available options, roof rails are now standard across the line, and xenon headlamps with the adaptive front lighting system (AFS) are now standard on the V10 TDI model.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-20-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2005 V6
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyt View Post
Direct Fuel Injection came into the Touareg mix with the first facelift (2007) that introduced the large front chrome nose. That was also the year that the electronics were upgraded to full canbus, so all the electronic controllers are changed.

The older 04-06 V6 was a solid engine.
My engine has direct injection with all six injectors on one side. Three long ones for bank two and three short ones for bank one. The FSI technology also includes piston head shape

Think engine is pretty good except have had quite a few with upper timing chains elongating. Engine hates dirty oil and tensioners perform poorly when dirty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode