TPMS Sensors and Programmers - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes
Closed Thread

post #1 of 60 Old 12-06-2011 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
TPMS Sensors and Programmers

Hello, I recently purchased a 2004 Touareg V-10. I knew it needed some work when I bought it. One problem was that the TPMS system showed a bad sensor. Even though I had access to wholesale VW parts and own tire equipment I was still looking at $440 dollars to get my TPMS on line. (I figured if one battery was gone then they were all close) After researching some of the aftermarket solutions I landed on Orange Electronic. They build the TPMS chips for many of the OE companies. After buying the clone tool and 4 sensors, I was sold. It was so easy. I am now a reseller and rep for the company. The programmer costs $269.00. The TPMS sensors to replace the original Beru sensors are $35 each. Basically the programmer reads the information from the OE sensor and copies the information to the Orange Electronic sensor. If the sensor is dead then you can key in the numbers manually. If you know the serial numbers from your sensors I can pre-program them and ship them to you. This would save the cost of the programmer. For those who live in areas with snow, it is a perfect solution for your spare set of tires and wheels. When you switch the wheels over your vehicle does not know the difference. This is because all the serial numbers match. The programming tool also can read the tire pressure, temperature and battery life of installed sensors. Other commercial tools that just read this information can cost in the $800 range. I can sell TPMS sensors for most US sold vehicles. If you have a vehicle other than a Touareg, feel free to ask if I can support it. Attached is a short preview of the system. Thanks for looking! Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Orange TPMS Solution Center.pdf (1.54 MB, 717 views)
Marks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 12-07-2011

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Mike, I just purchased a 2004 V6 and I'm showing 1 sensor bad so I know I'll need all 4 soon. I'll also need tires soon too. I have a pretty good relationship with my tire store so I suppose I can get them to pull the tires for me to get the serial numbers from all the sensors. How much for a set of 4 TPMS sensors?
post #3 of 60 Old 12-07-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
Mike, I'm curious do we have to buy the programmer and the sensors? If not do you think the dealer could let me know the serial number? What would the price be for 5 shipped to 20603.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 12-07-2011 Thread Starter

TPMS Sensor Serial Numbers

If you do not want to purchase the programmer that is OK. Any tire store with a Bartec or Atek TPMS machine can read the codes for you. A premium scan tool can also read the codes. My KTS340 reads the serial as 0.004.145.974 on the sensor it reads 4145974 which is the same as the Orange Electronics reader / programmer.

Cost for the Touareg is $35 ea. I am selling these at a price I really can't discount them any more for orders less than 16 pieces.

Domestic shipping would be $12.00 for 4 or 5 sensors. International would be at least $35.

Thank you,
Mike
post #5 of 60 Old 12-08-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
Ok, I'll find out the serial numbers and get back to you. How long will it take to program them, and ship? Thanks
post #6 of 60 Old 12-12-2011 Thread Starter

Another Option For TPMS

I have been getting PM's about the programmer. One solution I can offer that may help is that I can "rent" the programmer to members of the forum so they can program their own TPMS sensors supplied by me. Cost of the rental would be $20. So the process would be that you would pay for four sensors and the full price of the programmer. Once the programmer has been returned in good condition, then I would credit back all but $20 of the full programmer price. I would allow 15 days from time of shipment until the programmer is considered sold. Currently the only method of payment I accept is Paypal. Just fair warning, I did not consider the paypal fees when offering the prices in the previous post. I am going to raise the price after Dec 31 to reflect the paypal fees and other internal costs. As it sits right now, I am not making any money after paying the piper. Hope you guys and gals understand.

Mike
post #7 of 60 Old 12-25-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
bump for future reference...

Nice service!
post #8 of 60 Old 01-05-2012 Thread Starter

Price Increase On Orange TPMS sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by miklec View Post
I have been getting PM's about the programmer. One solution I can offer that may help is that I can "rent" the programmer to members of the forum so they can program their own TPMS sensors supplied by me. Cost of the rental would be $20. So the process would be that you would pay for four sensors and the full price of the programmer. Once the programmer has been returned in good condition, then I would credit back all but $20 of the full programmer price. I would allow 15 days from time of shipment until the programmer is considered sold. Currently the only method of payment I accept is Paypal. Just fair warning, I did not consider the paypal fees when offering the prices in the previous post. I am going to raise the price after Dec 31 to reflect the paypal fees and other internal costs. As it sits right now, I am not making any money after paying the piper. Hope you guys and gals understand.

Mike
Fellow Club Touareg Memebers

I have had to make some changes to my pricing based on my cost and fees that I did not take into account. For the Touareg the TPMS replacements will be $175 for a set of 4 or $56 each. Both prices include shipping.

There are three ways to get your sensors programmed.

1) Buy a programmer for $260 plus shipping
2) Rent a programmer for $20. (Pay for programmer and get $240 back when returned.)
3) Supply the sensor serial numbers to me and I will program them before I ship them to you.

Some of you may find that the programmer is so cool, you can't live without it. I had a "flat tire" warning come on in the middle of Wyoming during a recent storm. I was able to get out, read each tire pressure and determine that it was safe to proceed to the next town. It would have been absolutely miserable with a manual gauge in the blowing snow. Although unpleasant, it was really quick and simple to check each tire. It really is a must have for an automotive technician and a great toy for the tech lovers out there.

I am getting reports back that VAG-COM and other aftermarket tools give the part number in the TPMS information but not the serial numbers off the sensor. So if this is true, to get the serial numbers you would need to have a tire shop break the tire bead and record the number on the sensor. Please PM me if you have further questions.
post #9 of 60 Old 01-08-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Probably a dump question, but is the programming tool able to program the sensors without taking apart the wheel/tire? Do you physically have to have the sensor in front of the tool?

2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive - retired
post #10 of 60 Old 01-08-2012 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinPond View Post
Probably a dump question, but is the programming tool able to program the sensors without taking apart the wheel/tire? Do you physically have to have the sensor in front of the tool?
The Orange System allows the reprogramming of the sensors when they are still mounted. In the case of the Touareg sensor the air needs to be released. The only sensors that the programmer will activate or program are Orange Electronic sensors. When I first set up my new sensors I ended up programming two with the same serial. I just released all the air and reflashed one of them to the correct number. Then it was good to go. If you wanted a tire store to mount them and not mess with the programming, you could take the originals and copy the serials one at a time then program each of your new sensors. You could then re-inflate the tires to the correct pressure. The tool does need to be very close to the area in which the sensor is mounted.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire pressure monitor , tpms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode