New Android 6.0 aftermarket navigation radio for Touareg - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #1 of 70 Old 04-12-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Red face New Android 6.0 aftermarket navigation radio for Touareg

Hi, there. I'm an aftermarket navigation radio seller from China. This is the online stereo: Aftermarket Navigation Car Stereo, Android Navigation DVD Player, Car Navigation Head Unit
We are a trade company, not manufacturer. We can find the best products and sell at a best price as much as possible(so we often change product once there is a better one). You will find that our price is much better than ebay, amzon or other sellers because we only need to pay the 4% Paypal fee, no extra cost. More than one thousand members here bought our products in the past five years. Thanks for your guys.
Some of you may know that I gave a temporary solution for T1 with CD based Navi system to install an aftermarket head unit. It's the extension cord bypass cord. It's a pain that only four car speakers work when use this cord.
But now our latest Android 6.0 radio support the T1 with digital amplifier. It can replace all VW Touareg factory head units now, NO NEED extension cord for all radios. Plug and play. With the latest Android 6.0 OS, you will be able to install most apps you want. So I post this thread to push our latest Android 6.0 head unit to the market.
Price US$349 plus US$35 shipping fee worldwide, 3-5 business days for delivery via DHL/FedEX/UPS/Aramex.

All CT members can get a free wired backup camera. Please left a comment when place the order "CT member, please include free wired backup camera as gift, promised by Allen on CT forum".
Online order link: Volkswagen Touareg Android 6.0 OS GPS Navigation Head Unit
This is the Android 6.0 head unit:

This is the free backup camera, it replaces the license plate light:

Thanks for reading! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 04-12-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Allen, It's a shame this happened after I had purchased the Unit that I did. I am still willing to buy from you if you can convince me to buy.

Right now, My HU isn't even secured properly into the touareg. The mounts are cheap, and if one pulls the HU out more than once, the metal prongs become bent, or don't catch, nor let go. The reception is terrible, and I still have a whine, related to something we already spoke of.

What are the advantages to your unit? Obviously it already comes with 6.0 android. Is it rootable? I want to add audio controls that are only available upon rooting. I'm not interested in overclocking the CPU, if the machine is fast enough.

It also comes with a backup camera, which is nice. I'm including the link to mine, so you can compare the two.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1489260790010
post #3 of 70 Old 04-12-2017

Why does your Android radio display iPhone icons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 70 Old 04-12-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

It's just the radio's icons are designed like the iOS icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John151 View Post
Why does your Android radio display iPhone icons?

post #5 of 70 Old 04-12-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshatherton View Post
Allen, It's a shame this happened after I had purchased the Unit that I did. I am still willing to buy from you if you can convince me to buy.

Right now, My HU isn't even secured properly into the touareg. The mounts are cheap, and if one pulls the HU out more than once, the metal prongs become bent, or don't catch, nor let go. The reception is terrible, and I still have a whine, related to something we already spoke of.

What are the advantages to your unit? Obviously it already comes with 6.0 android. Is it rootable? I want to add audio controls that are only available upon rooting. I'm not interested in overclocking the CPU, if the machine is fast enough.
So here is my suggestion:
1. You can get a new set of the mount from me or the seller you bought from. I gave you the solution from another customer in your thread.
2. Please add the FM/AM booster adapter for reception.
3. For the hissing. As I said in your thread, it's because the audio signal from RCA jacks are not strong enough, then use the High-Low audio adapter. You can get this from us or the seller you bought from.
4. As you know, as a seller, we don't root it before sell it to customers. But there are a lot of threads on xda forum FYI.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

post #6 of 70 Old 08-04-2017

Hi Allen,

The head unit looks great. Just wanted you to confirm that this unit will work with the standard Touareg radio (no nav) on a 2007 model (this is the facelift model)?

And will all the steering wheel controls still function? I am unsure which model of canbus I am running though.

Also, will this unit fit into the dash (have read many posts about other radios not fitting correctly and having to do some removal of plastic to get the radio to fit).

And then lastly, what is the expected shipping time to South Africa?

Rowan
post #7 of 70 Old 08-04-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Yes, it fits for your 2007 Treg with standard radio.
Yes, all the steering wheel controls still function.
Yes, some customers have that problem. But there is a solution to fix it. https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...ml#post1616402
It usually takes 5-7 days to ship to South Africa.

post #8 of 70 Old 08-18-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Garage
How easy in the install of the backup camera? Almost all posts have people saying they haven't done it yet, making me think its more of a pain than its worth.

Also along those lines, I love the tracking lines that move on the stock system in back up mode showing exactly where my wheels or a trailer will be; is that still a feature on this system?

I'd buy one of these today, cause if its android I can download waze, and thats the only gps I will ever use (which makes CarPlay a no-go for this iPhone owner).

-J Treat-
'07 V10 TDI, Off-Road Grey, Teak, 275/45/20 Cayenne Wheels, iPad Mini dash mounted w/OBDII
post #9 of 70 Old 08-18-2017 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Actually the main difficult work to install the camera is route the six meters video wire. I recommend you to have the camera installed in a professional car audio shop.
Or you can buy the wireless set for camera which allows you to install the camera easily. http://www.carnaviplayer.com/wireles...p-camera-p-843
The tracking lines don't move like the stock system.

post #10 of 70 Old 08-18-2017
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
The stock system supplies the camera signal as an rgb signal, much like the vga input the older style computer monitors used.

Any chance that we could rig up an RGA to composite adapter to use the stock camera with the guidelines with the composite input of the android radios? That would be ideal.
BLKBIMM3R likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in