IDParts Is Trying to Expand its Touareg Catalogue - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 37 Old 01-24-2012 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
IDParts Is Trying to Expand its Touareg Catalogue

IDParts.com has been serving TDIClub members for more than 5 years and we have grown to be the largest TDI-speciality vender in the country.

Our catalogue is really lacking in the Touareg TDI department mainly because none of us own Touaregs. We introduced a Vehicle Filter over the weekend and that made it really obvious how behind we are.

Right now we have oil and filter packs for all Touareg TDI models and not much else. I'm looking for suggestions on what Touareg TDI owners could use - engine components, brake sets etc.

Quick Links:
2009-2010 Touareg V6 TDI Filter Pack
Touareg V10 Filters

"cevans" on TDIClub.
Vendor -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Boston MA
888-444-7951
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 01-24-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdetdi View Post
IDParts.com has been serving TDIClub members for more than 5 years and we have grown to be the largest TDI-speciality vender in the country.

Our catalogue is really lacking in the Touareg TDI department mainly because none of us own Touaregs. We introduced a Vehicle Filter over the weekend and that made it really obvious how behind we are.

Right now we have oil and filter packs for all Touareg TDI models and not much else. I'm looking for suggestions on what Touareg TDI owners could use - engine components, brake sets etc.

Quick Links:
2009-2010 Touareg V6 TDI Filter Pack
Touareg V10 Filters

I was recommended to you a few months back from a TDI club member. Spent about 3 minutes and left once I realized there was nothing for the Touareg.

Establish a rebuild kit for camshafts like the other PD...trust me they will be coming soon in much lower numbers of course. Also things like intake gaskets and the usual filters of course is a good idea. Especially that dual fuel filter in the earlier models.

Don't forget the usual wear items like brakes, windshield wipers, etc.

My other Diesel has over 3000 shaft HP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 Old 01-24-2012 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

One step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted56 View Post
I was recommended to you a few months back from a TDI club member. Spent about 3 minutes and left once I realized there was nothing for the Touareg.
I don't blame you. I also don't think you're alone. It seems hard to find V10 stuff online as it is, I figure IDParts should at least have something.

Thankfully a lot of the V10 camshaft pieces are shared with the Jetta/Golf of the same years so I was able to put a camshaft replacement kit together easily. I made the kit one bank at a time since the banks are different. I'm not sure why/if someone would need to do one bank and not the other but this way its an option. That will be live on the site tomorrow.

The V10 Intake manifold gasket is up too.

I'll work on getting wipers and brakes set up tomorrow.

"cevans" on TDIClub.
Vendor -
- Boston MA
888-444-7951
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 01-24-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't blame you. I also don't think you're alone. It seems hard to find V10 stuff online as it is, I figure IDParts should at least have something.

Thankfully a lot of the V10 camshaft pieces are shared with the Jetta/Golf of the same years so I was able to put a camshaft replacement kit together easily. I made the kit one bank at a time since the banks are different. I'm not sure why/if someone would need to do one bank and not the other but this way its an option. That will be live on the site tomorrow.

The V10 Intake manifold gasket is up too.

I'll work on getting wipers and brakes set up tomorrow.
Excellent,

And yes many of the parts for the rebuild kit are the same...I know because I just did it. The biggest part itself is the Camshaft though. They are not stocked in the states, and just one camshaft alone is the same as your entire rebuild kit for the 4 cylinder PD.

I hope others ad to this list. It would be nice to scroll thru online and easily find the parts I need (not at the price that a dealer charges).

Another recommendation..explain the oil specifications within the product under description...like why 507 oil comes up for my 04 TDI that required 505.01.

post #5 of 37 Old 01-25-2012 Thread Starter
Commercial Member

I was under the impression that the V10 Touaregs required 506.01 oil, the 0w30 weight. 506.01 has been discontinued completely and 507.00 was supposed to function as its replacement.

I heard some rumors that 505.01 was approved for the V10s but I haven't had any confirmation on that.

"cevans" on TDIClub.
Vendor -
- Boston MA
888-444-7951
post #6 of 37 Old 01-25-2012

Second Vehicle: Other
A European headlight switch. I have found another vendor for it, but seems to be out of stock (popular?). Assymetrical rear view mirrors (door mounted). Shop Manuals (Bentley, VW?) A source for the side switches on the big navradio. The black seems to come off. I think the standard fluids, routine service items have been suggested. How about the OEM drive line fluids? Are they unique (locking additives special certification etc..)

04 T-REX, VX, mostly loaded, 50700 miles (Still for Sale),
2006 Golf TDI-BEW VNT-17,195600 miles
VAG-COM HEX-CAM

2007 Kawasaki ZX14, 23000 miles (when BEING THERE is more important then GETTING THERE)
post #7 of 37 Old 01-25-2012
Administrator

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Quote:
I was under the impression that the V10 Touaregs required 506.01 oil, the 0w30 weight. 506.01 has been discontinued completely and 507.00 was supposed to function as its replacement.

I heard some rumors that 505.01 was approved for the V10s but I haven't had any confirmation on that.
505.01 is the north american standard, 506.01 is euro long life...you should go for whatever standard is appropriate depending on which continent you live on.

You can use 507 in place of 505 but not the other way around...

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
post #8 of 37 Old 01-25-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm View Post
505.01 is the north american standard, 506.01 is euro long life...you should go for whatever standard is appropriate depending on which continent you live on.

You can use 507 in place of 505 but not the other way around...
Good to know,

Also how about that overhead console and everything for the Webasto heater? I know others have purchased it. I have yet to keep up lately with the part numbers for certain years but if it was easier to get ahold of I'm sure many more would jump on that. As soon as mine runs again that is on the top of my list of things to get working.

post #9 of 37 Old 01-25-2012
Administrator

I've been buying fuchs oil from germanfilters.com anyone with a TDI is always interested in bulk bargain pricing for top quality oil. With the V10 taking 14L and the V6 taking 9L we consume plenty of oil

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
post #10 of 37 Old 01-25-2012

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Cool site!
Some thoughts:
I like your kits, I'll probably get my next oil change kit from you. More 507 options-I like Mobil 1 ESP
-V10 Valve cover gasket
-Any kits out there to solve EGR manifold gunk problems?
-Suspension parts--bushings, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode