ECU remapping in America. USA members please read. - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 15 Old 12-15-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
ECU remapping in America. USA members please read.

Here is some food for thought over the Christmas period

I have got plenty of interest of ECU remapping from USA members but understandably not many people wish to remove their ECU and send it across the world. Over the past few weeks I have came up with a possible solution

I am considering in travelling to America early next year, probably around the March / April time frame for 3 weeks.

If enough interest is gauged then I can bring with me my ECU remapping equipment with me and do a Group remapping in different states.
I plan in visiting New York and possibly into Canada pending on the holiday VISA I obtain. I will then make journey down south to other states and will be staying a few days a friends house in Florida.

I can remap the Touaregs and any other Euro diesels such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc...

Please register your interest here in this thread and forward on any ideas you have to make this work.

Aidan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-15-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
havent followed everything

If i read this correct.....this gets rid of the dpf thing? i am assuming the physical piece stays and this just cuts the software off to it?

or am i reading this all wrong?

I would love to get rid of the "smoke screen" every few hundred miles.....

2006 TDI V10 Reflex Silver - Gone to AK
post #3 of 15 Old 12-15-2010
Touareg Mechanic

I'd be interested but I would love to not drive too far... Maybe ~250miles, significantly more than that and I rapidly lose interest. How long would it take? What's the cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 12-15-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Previous Post

07 VW Touareg V10 TDI 70,000 miles
post #5 of 15 Old 12-15-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatleye View Post
If i read this correct.....this gets rid of the dpf thing? i am assuming the physical piece stays and this just cuts the software off to it?

or am i reading this all wrong?

I would love to get rid of the "smoke screen" every few hundred miles.....
Yes, the DPF will need to be physically removed then I can remap the ECU.

post #6 of 15 Old 12-15-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBERV10 View Post
I'd be interested but I would love to not drive too far... Maybe ~250miles, significantly more than that and I rapidly lose interest. How long would it take? What's the cost?

Costs may be somewhere in the region of 950 USD - I have come up with this price considering the flight costs and the USD - Euro exchange rates. I will confirm the price after Christmas if enough interest is gathered to go ahead.

post #7 of 15 Old 12-15-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I would be interested if you could make it to the Seattle area. I'm not too keen on mailing off my ECUs. Think you could offer some sort of device like the Flashzilla or Q loader that individual tunees could use provided they email you the logs?

I'm looking mostly for mileage gains, alter the EGR cycle to eliminate some of the soot, and a little more useable power for trailer towing.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-15-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
I would be interested!

2010 V6 TDI galapagos on steel

2004 1.8T 4MO 5M Passat Wagon
post #9 of 15 Old 12-17-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint440 View Post
I would be interested if you could make it to the Seattle area. I'm not too keen on mailing off my ECUs. Think you could offer some sort of device like the Flashzilla or Q loader that individual tunees could use provided they email you the logs?

I'm looking mostly for mileage gains, alter the EGR cycle to eliminate some of the soot, and a little more useable power for trailer towing.
Hi, I would be interested in dealing with anybody on here that would like to invest in a flasher unit that would read and write ECU files. They could read the file from a Touareg, Email it to me, I will tune it and mail it back. The file can then be uploaded back onto the ECU.
Naturally, there will be a reasonable profit margin for anybody that would wish to do this so long as they are capable.

post #10 of 15 Old 12-19-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Rather than PMs could anybody interested please leave a post with their state on it to give me an idea of where the majority of members that are wanting remaps are located

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode