ECU chipping - Interface Package *read on!* - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 178 Old 12-24-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
ECU chipping - Interface Package *read on!*

Before I begin I want to wish you all a merry Christmas and a peaceful new year in 2011

I have been working on a new package this past month that I have not mentioned to you guys yet.

I have been in successful talks with ECU flashing tools manufacture Alientech.
Alientech are a highly reputable company amongst all tuners over the world and are based in Italy. Thankfully they listened to my requests for what I wanted and I should have the first sample of product here in 2 weeks time.

The Package

*I will be sending the customer (any location worldwide) a very user friendly, reliable, stylish interface flashing unit. The Interface will be theirs to keep.

*With the interface the customer will have the ability to take a reading from their ECU via the OBD port. - If you do not understand any of that, it is no problem as I will have a complete walk through tutorial possibly on video showing how to do this.

*The customer will then send me the file they have just read via Email.

*Within approx 12 hours I will have 2 tuned files sent back via Email. One tune will be for Power and the second tuned file will be for Economy.
The customer will have the ability to switch between the Original, Power or Economy tunes as they wish.

*The interface will look similar to this:

*Correct Port cables will come with the package, you will not need to purchase anything else.

*The Interface will have the ability to check for Fault Codes before the remapping.

*This will only work on EDC15 AND EDC16 ECUs. - This means if your car has been manufactured before Summer 2009 then this will work but if it has been manufactured after Summer 2009 you most likely will have an EDC17 Tricore ECU which will need to be posted to me to be bench flashed.

*If you decide in the future to remove your DPF filter or any other modifications you can re-send me your Original file and I will tune it to allow for DPF removal etc.

*The interface will be yours to keep for life and you will not need to pay any further fees for updates. All updates to the interface will be made FREE of charge.

Estimated price on this will be $1450 US Dollars or 1100 EURO.
This includes the new interface, 2 tuned files with one for Power and one for Economy.

Express your interest and any questions please do ask.

Aidan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 178 Old 12-24-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Can you show me a break down of the costs: how much the interface will cost, what you are charging for the tunes, etc... And please give more info on the interface itself, model name, etc. I'm interested but like anything else I don't want to pay too much.
post #3 of 178 Old 12-24-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBERV10 View Post
Can you show me a break down of the costs: how much the interface will cost, what you are charging for the tunes, etc... And please give more info on the interface itself, model name, etc. I'm interested but like anything else I don't want to pay too much.
Hi, as I only have given estimated prices in the first post this is due to costs with the interfaces have not been finalized yet. Like everything else, the bigger the quantity I order from them then the price is drastically reduced. In this case I have only ordered two from them just for trial purposes even though I am confident it will do what it is meant to do.
The price for just one is costing me 850 Euro - Alot of that price is down to new art work I have decided on.

When I am 100% confident with the product I will be ordering about 15 interfaces. I am sure that the prices will be much cheaper with that quantity.

As for the files, I charge from 200 US Dollars to 450 US Dollars pending on whether it is EDC15, EDC16 or EDC17. With DPF removals etc prices can vary.
You must remember that ALL of my files are Custom made retaining VIN numbers and codings within the ECU. Too many so called Tuners are just using some downloaded crap from the internet and charging top dollars for.

Hope that answers your question, sorry if it became a long essay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 178 Old 12-24-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Wow, that is really cool! I'm in.

I would think though, if a lot of your cost is your choice in artwork, then most customers would choose to save a fair amt. of $$ and get a plain looking box, considering that it will likely sit in their tool box 90% of the time.

I understand your pride in your business, but I think people will be more interested in getting a strong, custom tune for less.

My $.02.

Regardless, I'm VERY interested.

'07 V10 TDI Campy white and teak, 22" Rinspeed C5/1s, Flash Tuned by Custom Spooling
'03 Audi allroad- lots of stuff, STG III summer '15
'00 Audi S4-STG III twin turbo
Damn near every Apple product known to man.
post #5 of 178 Old 12-24-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theyellowaudi View Post
Wow, that is really cool! I'm in.

I would think though, if a lot of your cost is your choice in artwork, then most customers would choose to save a fair amt. of $$ and get a plain looking box, considering that it will likely sit in their tool box 90% of the time.

I understand your pride in your business, but I think people will be more interested in getting a strong, custom tune for less.

My $.02.

Regardless, I'm VERY interested.
Because I opted for my own art-work to be placed on the interface only bumped up the price for the first 2 models. After I order about 15 of 20 of them then it will be cheaper and artwork would already be saved on their production database by then so shouldn't make any difference.

Still though, at 1450 US Dollars you have the option of switching between all 3 files - Original, Power and Economy.
IE. You are going to be using the Treg for daily driving or towing you can choose the Power. If you are going for a long distance journey you can opt for the Economy tune. It all comes in very handy and does make it more interested when you can actually flash them yourself.

Aidan

post #6 of 178 Old 12-24-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Do you have the economy/performance maps for a 4.2l V8?

2006 V8 with Equipment Package #4, 275/40R-20 Michelin Latitude X-ICE XI2 XL on 20" Mountain wheels. Individual "Birch" wood trim set, paddles and start/stop.

post #7 of 178 Old 12-24-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Because I opted for my own art-work to be placed on the interface only bumped up the price for the first 2 models.
I'll get unit #3, after Uber and Yellow.

2006 V8 with Equipment Package #4, 275/40R-20 Michelin Latitude X-ICE XI2 XL on 20" Mountain wheels. Individual "Birch" wood trim set, paddles and start/stop.

post #8 of 178 Old 12-24-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyB View Post
Do you have the economy/performance maps for a 4.2l V8? Can you revert to factory?
Yes but I am not up for providing files for Petrol / Gas. I do tune them but with the huge octane grade difference yous guys have it would be very dangerous to tune a car without been there and monitoring Air-Fuel ratios, exhaust gas temperatures and Knock levels etc.

post #9 of 178 Old 12-24-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyB View Post
Do you have the economy/performance maps for a 4.2l V8?
Having said what I just said in my previous post I could still provide you with an Economy remap and possibly a power remap if you can provide me some details about what octane fuel you use and if using octane booster fluids would be an option. PM me to discuss if you wish.

post #10 of 178 Old 12-24-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Hypothetically I am looking into installing an aftermarket air intake, how would your tunes work with that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode