Better MPG custom remaps. - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 9 Old 11-19-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Better MPG custom remaps.

I can remap your Touareg to a finer tune resulting in a 10-20% increase in MPG.

The last one I done locally the owner told me he is now getting 30 MPG from 24 MPG.

Remember, all of the VAG motors are de-tuned from factory to allow for:

-increased traction on a day where the track grip is not sufficient to handle the increased power of the tuned engine. These roads are mainly found in eastern European countries where road conditions are hazzardous.

-to comply with various emission regulations in different countries which is how they are calculated for their road tax brackets (here in Ireland for example)

-To fall within a certain BHP group for Insurance reasons. Some countries can be fairly strict on this especially in Europe.

-Some people tend to dismiss their oil service intervals. De-tuning an engine will allow the engine to work properly missing at least twice it's proposed oil changes.

By remapping for extra MPG you will also see a slight increase in power and performance along with the removal of flat spots.

Please contact me for more info if needed

Please note that this service only applies to TDI motors.

Aidan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-27-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Do you have the posibility of placing multi-position chips in these vehicles? It would #1 save us from having to ship off our ECU and give us multiple options for tunes. Driving a Touareg is like any other car. If you can afford the purchase price and the maint then you don't care about MPG to much in reference to economy of transportation. But I like to squeeze every mile I can out of a tank. But at the same time I want my cake and to be able to eat it too. Close to 400HP and over 600lbs of TQ would be nice.

What is so different with all of the American MFG's diesel trucks, as there is a HUGE selection of aftermarket chipping companies and we can actually purchase onboard computers to change it as we go and monitor everything from Trans temp, EGT, Boost, ETC. I would like to go this same route as it gives me a very clear picture of what is going on with my drivetrain. Is this a function of demand or a technoligy barrier?
post #3 of 9 Old 11-28-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Hi,
For years we have seen and worked on various different cars that had various different chips added to them. Some of the companies who sold the chips made very false claims and problems escalated from this.
I cannot speak for the USA or other parts of the world but here in Europe the number one choice of tuning a car is the tried, tested and proven to be most reliable way which is remapping the standard chip. This means you don't need to take the chance of having your ECU chip been chopped out with an another chip soldered in its place - Its so easy to mess up an ECU this way.

Our way of remapping a standard ECU is completely safe - NO soldering involved and the tune is completely un-detectable as no components are added to your ECU.
By remapping the standard ECU chip we add a new bespoke custom tune which is suited for your vehicle unlike the after market chips are made as one for all.

Another advantage of a ECU custom tune is the final result. The best bhp / torque, mpg and drivability results are from custom remaps.

Too many horrors about these flashy piggyback ecu chips and boards leaving excessive black smoke from your exhaust, DPF becoming problematic, power introduced low down in the rev range harshly wearing clutch & flywheel prematurely. The list goes on.

For us to make a piggyback chip or a board of chips is not difficult. They are very profitable also. It may take a little bit of time to invent the first one but then all we need to do is copy the maps and mass produce them. We can then sell them worldwide but NO, we won't do that as they are not safe in our vision.

We remap with passion and not just for a quick dollar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-28-2010

Feeling slightly left out, so it's natural I ask and perhaps on behalf of others, why don't you offer any chipping services for the Touareg gasser engines?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 9 Old 11-28-2010
Touareg Mechanic

I may be totally off on this one vwdude, as he may very well offer gasser chipping, but it seems if he is asking for people to remove their ecu's and send them half way around the world he would be better of targeting customers that will have the biggest gains and as you know it is much easier to get big number gains from the TDI's than from the gassers... but hey I have been wrong before!
post #6 of 9 Old 11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERV10 View Post
I may be totally off on this one vwdude, as he may very well offer gasser chipping, but it seems if he is asking for people to remove their ecu's and send them half way around the world he would be better of targeting customers that will have the biggest gains and as you know it is much easier to get big number gains from the TDI's than from the gassers... but hey I have been wrong before!
You are not totally off at all, and thanks for putting that into perspective!

It still wouldn't hurt to post up some hp/torque numbers for some of us sickos though in case he has done them before, no matter how big or small. I suppose it is my curiosity speaking out to see if any tuner out there has uncovered anything new.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 9 Old 11-28-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
What are the gains and cost for a 2008 V10TDI remap?

2008 Touareg V10 TDI - White | Sienna
Technology | Lux Plus | Adaptive Cruise | Locking Rear Differential
+Engine Spin Trim | RNS510 | VW Bluetooth

Other Rides:
2009 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
2008 Audi TT S-Line Roadster
1995 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo SMZ
1995 Mazda Miata M
2008 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV
post #8 of 9 Old 11-28-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswagendude View Post
You are not totally off at all, and thanks for putting that into perspective!

It still wouldn't hurt to post up some hp/torque numbers for some of us sickos though in case he has done them before, no matter how big or small. I suppose it is my curiosity speaking out to see if any tuner out there has uncovered anything new.
I too am curious about chipping my touareg but every time I get close to doing it I take a step back and worry about this, that, and the other thing which could go wrong. I wanted to have Upsolute do mine after reading all the great things that NickM has said about his, but the nearest place is 300 miles away (not too far admittedly) but I have called and emailed and the occasional response that I do get is hardly confidence inspiring to say the least, they are also not terribly willing to work around my schedule. There are other places that I was hoping would be better but they have not even returned a phone call or an email. I even tried O.CT vendors... and again they're all unreliable, uncommunicative, and uncaring.

So when I first read about the above member providing tunes, that fire inside of me was rekindled but again I guess the more I thought about it the less I wanted to send my ECU thousands of miles away, I mean what if it all goes well (i.e. not damaged or maybe even stolen(?) in transit) and then I have an issue down the road... Am I just going to send it a few thousand miles again? I really like accountability, that is, if something doesn't work I can stop back in and have the person who did the work look at it, this is partly why I have always had some reserves about internet purchases, gone are the good old days of being able to talk face to face...

ok thats my rant for today, thanks for listening lol
post #9 of 9 Old 12-10-2010 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Hi,

I didn't notice this thread had unanswered posts, apologies for that. If a member has any questions and need them answered as quickly as possible it is best to send me an email or PM me on here.

I agree with the above and I also see the point your making about sending an ECU across the world. It is scary when you think of it like that however, I would be more scared opting for an off-the shelf tune like some of the names mentioned above.

I have come up with a new plan on how to work business here for members living in USA and other parts of the World.
I will search for a member from each area (state) that will have enough technical knowledge to go read a file from a customers ECU and email it to me. I can remap the file and mail it back so it can be uploaded to your ECU without the need to remove your ECU and send it across the world.

I hope this service would appeal to many

Aidan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode