VW TDI EPA Recall (2.0L and 3.0L) - Page 1313 - Club Touareg Forums
 2076Likes

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Reviewing fuel economy over 6 full tanks post fix (recorded by fuelly), my 2013 consistently measures 5-7% worse. That’s not towing, about 70/30 hwy/city miles commuting. In absolute terms it dropped from about 29 to low 27s.

I’m regularly annoyed by the lack of engine braking and holding gears longer when cold.

Haven’t towed enough to establish a new average.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracknut2 View Post
Reviewing fuel economy over 6 full tanks post fix (recorded by fuelly), my 2013 consistently measures 5-7% worse. Thatís not towing, about 70/30 hwy/city miles commuting. In absolute terms it dropped from about 29 to low 27s.

Iím regularly annoyed by the lack of engine braking and holding gears longer when cold.

Havenít towed enough to establish a new average.
Mine is a little worse. 9 to 10%
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
My '10 does not seem all the different to me. Did when I first got it back, I did the other throttle reset I found on here and it seems back to normal for me. I guess there was only so much they could really do with mine knowing it was not going to ever meet the regs it was made for. I am not disappointed at all.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Last minute question...

Because of the substantial amount of money (I don't have an exact figure) VW is offering if I turn in my 2012 Sport TDI, it seems like I could actually buy a used one with less mileage for less money!

Question: am I correct in thinking that I can strip out/off various things (mats, fender protectors, etc) and maybe even tires, as long as the 'egg will roll to wherever I turn it in?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
The Moderator!

Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
Last minute question...

Because of the substantial amount of money (I don't have an exact figure) VW is offering if I turn in my 2012 Sport TDI, it seems like I could actually buy a used one with less mileage for less money!

Question: am I correct in thinking that I can strip out/off various things (mats, fender protectors, etc) and maybe even tires, as long as the 'egg will roll to wherever I turn it in?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
I would not strip anything as they were starting to penalize people for doing so.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti For This Useful Post:
BB62 (3 Weeks Ago)
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Garage
You can put on old tires if you got them. That is about it. Put on 4 spare tires and you will get turned down.

Even the Judge (who was never VW's BFF) agreed that missing common parts were taking it too far. VW literally has the court's blessing to not accept a vehicle that is missing major parts.

jalopnik.com/volkswagen-refuses-to-buy-back-the-stripped-out-car

Quote:
But USA Today reports that according to Judge Charles Breyer, the judge overseeing the settlement, that's not the case. Yes, the agreement does say a vehicle has to be operable. And yes, it defines an operable vehicle as one that moves under its own power. However, that doesn't mean Volkswagen will actually buy back a fully stripped vehicle.

"Clearly the purpose of the agreement by Volkswagen was to accept these cars in the condition that they were in as they were being driven on the road, and not to strip the cars," Breyer said in a hearing on Thursday.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickyt For This Useful Post:
BB62 (3 Weeks Ago)
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: 2009 V6 TDI
Don't strip it. But if you want to swap the wheels and pull the removable mats they aren't going to refuse the vehicle.

I put the original mats in the vehicle and they didn't even look at or for them. They cared only about what was on the checklist.

If you have cheap aftermarket wheels and tires you could swap them. Is it worth the effort? Eh. I'm lazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaolo For This Useful Post:
BB62 (3 Weeks Ago)

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolo View Post
Does anyone know what the Tax status is on these buybacks?

Did you get an I9 for returning your treg?

Is it all taxable, partly taxable, not taxable?

Assume it was a personal purchase. In Oregon.
If anyone is still wondering... No taxes on the buyback or compensation. I forget the exact tax rules but it's basically treated like a rebate, or a discount you should have received, or returning something you bought. I believe the buy back even includes an estimate amount for the sales tax you paid. I never got a 1099 or any tax notice. Didn't report on my tax returns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: 2009 V6 TDI
This is true so long as the vehicle is in NO way business related. Otherwise standard business recapture rules apply.
pwe312 likes this.
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
If I were you. I'd send it back to VW. They won't take care of you if anything like the HPFP goes bad. I am dealing with that right now. Save yourself the trouble and let VW have it. Take the money and run.

They are treating me pretty badly at this point. Although they are fixing the issue now the engine all of a sudden has no compression. Hmmm.

Avoid VW altogether. Not worth it. My advice.

10' TDI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode