Club Touareg Forum banner

Jaguar XF

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  kanchi868 
#1 ·
I am thinking about buying used 2009 jaguar XF. Loved the styling and the interior. Handling and power is great too.
What do you all think about it? Should I get it or not?
I am still keeping the beast. Still loving it and enjoying it.

#2 ·
buy a brand new 2.2tdi for same price!

#3 ·
A 2011 onwards Passat 125 TDI or similar. Classy ride, great seats, massive boot (trunk) sticks to the road like sh1t to a blanket and you get amazing fuel economy that is to be believed. A 2012 Audi A4 is about the same. But a Jag has a Jag badge if that's what you want. No idea what these things cost over there, but I'll bet your, you-know-whats that they're way cheaper than they are here!

#7 ·
Dating myself, I remember the 120, the XKE and the XJ12. Haven't thought about a Jag for twenty years. But this one is interesting:

2009 JAGUAR XF SUPERCHARGED
Base Price $62,975
Vehicle Layout Front-engine, RWD, 5-pass, 4-door sedan
Engine 4.2L/420-hp/408-lb-ft supercharged DOHC V-8
Transmission 6-speed automatic
Curb Weight 4200 lb (mfr)
Wheelbase 114.5 in
Length x Width x Height 195.3 x 73.9 x 57.5 in
0-60 mph 5.1 sec (mfr)
EPA City/Hwy Econ 17/23 mpg
CO2 Emissions 1.01 lb/mile
On Sale In U.S. March 2008

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0803_2009_jaguar_xf_supercharged/viewall.html#ixzz20mZNwWor

I like the combination of 17/23 with a supercharged V-8. I for sure would only buy one with an extended warranty, and probably pass on the normally aspirated one. Plus, the blown version comes with 20" wheels. Very cool.

Price new is about the same as the top of the line Lincoln MKS, which is pretty much a turd to look at.

It is fun to go car shopping. I see that Lamborghini will be introducing this offroad URUS in 2015. Adjustable air, V-10 and 600 HP. Just what I need to heat up my garage.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/..._of_the_2012_beijing_motor_show/photo_01.html

#8 ·
if it helps the jags have for years now topped the USA Reliability/Customer Satisfaction Surveys. A big turnaround for Jag in spite of lexus etc...

#9 ·
#10 ·
Thank for all the input. Found one super charged 09 FC with 36 k miles factory certified for about $36k. I am thinking about test driving it and putting an offer. I will update you all. Will be using my beast (kinda V6) during winter. That's the plan right now, let's see what happens.
Again thanks for all your input.
Sunil

#11 ·
Do it! I've been looking at them for a few months. I like the prices on the 09 supercharged, when I get back to states I might have to pick one up. Silver / Cinnamon interior combo

#15 ·
Actually I paid less then $36k they were asking for. Certified and black with cream interior with all the option. Pretty stoked about it. The only thing I kinda don't like is the chrome rim. Dealer said he will swap it once they can find 20". Waiting for them to call me. Thanks everyone for helping me make this decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.