Advertisement

post #32 of 126 Old 04-13-2012

Touareg: 2011 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Mirror tilt on reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinbus View Post
Enabling passenger mirror tilt down on cars without memory seats,

- mirror adjusting knob on R (on lefthand drive cars)
- shifter on R

Mirror turns back to original position once forward speed exceeds few mph and it stays tilted if vehicle doesn't move.

Change A and B to 1.
52 Door Elect, Pass.
Long coding, Byte 4 -> Bits 2 and 6: 0B000A00

I was reading old codes from previous Q5 and saw the mirror thingie and thought to try does the passenger mirror turn down, it didn't so I tried the coding and now it works on mine.
This is cool. Have you found anything else? I had an Q7 and I could have the digital speed and miles until empty to display at the same time. Anything like this?
post #33 of 126 Old 04-14-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Do you have info from that display coding?

Friend of mine asked if there is a way to change the alternative speed on 2011-2012 to show same as speedo?

Like my NA shows the alternative as km/h while speedo is mph and the speed is located on very bottom of the screen and this is not the digital speed on middle if the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 126 Old 04-15-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Update VCDS to the latest version, perhaps RossTech add some more info. At the moment VW making Online coding for most of the unit. Unless ross tech will not decode this - empty squares will stay as you can see.

Finally my 2005 V10 Touareg with ACC.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 126 Old 04-17-2012

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Change A and B to 1.
52 Door Elect, Pass.
Long coding, Byte 4 -> Bits 2 and 6: 0B000A00

....Byte: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Position: 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

B is 6th byte and A is 2nd byte.

I used alphabets to indicate the byte as using number could confuse as well.

On vehicle without memory seats, change the 6th and 2nd (B&A) byte to 1

On mine, mirror does not return to normal position while vehicle is standing still where it was reversed at. Once vehicle moves forward the mirror will return to its normal position.

Car's with memory seats should have this feature activated already.

Hello, I would want to know if this mod can work on 2008 V10 Touareg, I don't have a memory seat but I will to use the passenger mirror tilt.
Many thanks Luca!
post #36 of 126 Old 08-04-2012

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2012 V6 TDI
Did anyone figure on VCDS the Long Coding Helper to turn on the Trailer lights feature if you add a hitch and 7 point connector after the fact?

What about if your trailer has LED bulbs instead of regular light bulbs?
post #37 of 126 Old 08-07-2012
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post
Did anyone figure on VCDS the Long Coding Helper to turn on the Trailer lights feature if you add a hitch and 7 point connector after the fact?

Take this with a grain of salt, or a whole darn salt block if you will, because this is literally my FIRST rodeo with VAGCOM, so there's a good possibility that I don't know what I'm doing. Very good chance, actually.

These are the settings that finally worked with mine: (from another post on here):

Address 69: Trailer (J345) Labels: None
Part No SW: 7P0 907 383 F HW: 7P0 907 383 B
Component: Anhaenger H09 0110
Revision: 5A001001 Serial number: 00000157629919
Coding: 020D000000000000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 3B7EE8DABA7EBF6

I had to change the coding and shop part, and then all was good.

However, one thing that is NOT happening, good or bad, is that my rear tail gate still works when I'm attached to the trailer. I'm assuming that's because I didn't do the second part of the coding in the OEM instructions, that part about updating the software, and entering the action code 3635C. I personally do not know how to do that with VAGCOM, or even if it's possible, but my lights are working, so I left it all alone.

I also don't know what all the 3635C changes in other modules, other than tail gate, and turns off park assist (which I don't have anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post

What about if your trailer has LED bulbs instead of regular light bulbs?
Can't help ya there...

CADman_ks
2011 Touareg Lux TDI

Black / Saddle Brown
post #38 of 126 Old 08-07-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Update to transmission coding....

I changed mine from 1168 to 1568.

The 1168 was result from hex testing on transmission ROW thread so it's assumption of coding following same pattern from earlier models.

The 1568 is from 2011 German 4Motion.

So far the difference....

1568 haves gear display on D and S.

I haven't notice much highway nor shifting difference.

Major difference on how the off-road and traction control works.

The original 1368 applied traction control smoothly while playing on cross-hanging over the ditch to test how it controls the freely spinning wheels on opposite corners hanging on air.

1168 chaged the traction control more rough and ABS was noisy as it was on my old Audi Q5.

1568 changed it back to smooth operation.
I don't recommend this. I first tried 1168, per one of your prior posts. The gear was added to D&S, as expected. However, I didn't drive it more than a few feet.

Then I noticed this post and changed the coding to 1568. As soon as I put it into reverse, immediately both the gear symbol and the check engine light came on. There was an error code about high transmission pump pressures (or something like that). I restored the original setting [1368], cleared the code, and haven't had any problems since. In truth, I have a different component number listed for my auto trans controller, than what you showed (http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...nnygearwas.jpg).

While I appreciate you providing this info, and as much as I'd like to have the gear displayed, I'd rather not blow up the transmission.
post #39 of 126 Old 08-08-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambam View Post
I don't recommend this. I first tried 1168, per one of your prior posts. The gear was added to D&S, as expected. However, I didn't drive it more than a few feet.

Then I noticed this post and changed the coding to 1568. As soon as I put it into reverse, immediately both the gear symbol and the check engine light came on. There was an error code about high transmission pump pressures (or something like that). I restored the original setting [1368], cleared the code, and haven't had any problems since. In truth, I have a different component number listed for my auto trans controller, than what you showed (http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...nnygearwas.jpg).

While I appreciate you providing this info, and as much as I'd like to have the gear displayed, I'd rather not blow up the transmission.

I have 1568 on my 2012 and same coding is on another 2012 TDI without any issues so as you said, it have to have something to do with the different controller.

Anyways, thank you being first one with different controller to test and speaking out about the error...
post #40 of 126 Old 08-19-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Quote:

Friend of mine asked if there is a way to change the alternative speed on 2011-2012 to show same as speedo?

Like my NA shows the alternative as km/h while speedo is mph and the speed is located on very bottom of the screen and this is not the digital speed on middle if the screen.
I would also like to be able to do this. My alternative display is mph. Would love that to be km/h so I don't need to use my heads up for digital speed display. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode