Summary of VAG-COM tweaks for the Touareg (T1) 2004-2007 - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #61 of 154 Old 07-29-2011
Dark Lord of the Sith

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Update...I went out last night around 1 AM and got the radio part figured out...still can't find the DRL option in the MFI though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 154 Old 08-04-2011

Touareg: 2004 V8
I did all the tips but compass and I did not get DRL function in MFI, although i dont really need it. I did have to code to UK instead of Europe to get the Nav Warning off.

My favorite unintended side effect of VAG Comming? this might have been mentioned allready, but no more warnings screaming at me when i open the door with the car running! YEAH!
post #63 of 154 Old 09-18-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Can the vag com change engine settings to row, maybe get 30 hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 154 Old 09-18-2011
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 View Post
Can the vag com change engine settings to row, maybe get 30 hp
No and they designed it that way on purpose so they are no held responsible if someone bricks their vehical. I doubt it would be that easy as far as a coding change anyhow. More to it I am sure. Most of it is emissions.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 154 Old 09-20-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

I was using the vag com and went in to engine then pressed coding and then a number was flashing 00007874 or something it could have been changed but to what, anybody ever you know, change it!
post #66 of 154 Old 09-20-2011
The Moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 View Post
I was using the vag com and went in to engine then pressed coding and then a number was flashing 00007874 or something it could have been changed but to what, anybody ever you know, change it!
No idea, but more then likely not gonna give you what you are looking for. Ross Tech purposely did not allow for changes to mess with engine management.

post #67 of 154 Old 09-20-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

To bad ,
Gforce sells a chip ads 60hp , I thought what is the vag com for.I bought a chip once for a six cyl. Mustang and wow what a difference. That why I wish there was a number , it said you get one chance to get the right number in the vag com , then shuts down for ten min.
post #68 of 154 Old 09-20-2011
The Moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004
To bad ,
Gforce sells a chip ads 60hp , I thought what is the vag com for.I bought a chip once for a six cyl. Mustang and wow what a difference. That why I wish there was a number , it said you get one chance to get the right number in the vag com , then shuts down for ten min.
Ross Tech is and never was about messing with the engine management on your vehical. It is a shop quality diagnostic tool to locate problems and allows you to do a few mods. Motor performance was not one of them. Talk to member Custom Spooling if you are looking to do that.

post #69 of 154 Old 09-20-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

It's not that important ,but thanks for the help.
post #70 of 154 Old 02-12-2012

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
I got my VAG-COM last week and did the following:
- ROW transmission
- 6 light salute
- 5 blinks
- No seatbelt/wiper fluid chime
- No DRL

All worked well but the 6 light salute. I read you have to reduce the number by three to apply both the no DRL and the 6 lights which I did. DRLs have been removed and the option for enabling them is in the MFI. My turn/passing lights do not come on with my brights. My Treg is a pre-facelift '07 V10. Did I miss something?

On another note, I've been combing the forum and haven't found too many more tweaks outside of raising/lowering the suspension (considering), Nav tweaks (I have a Kenwood DNX-7180 aftermarket) and disabling auto rain sensing wipers (also considering). Does anyone have any additional great tweaks? Specifically, I'd like to do the following:

- disable side light chime/39 degrees chime/low fuel warning chime/key not found chime when I leave the car running with my wife in it and the key's in my pocket
- seat adjust all the way down and back on turning the car off (seems to only go down and back a very short distance)

And thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. This is a great forum. It's hard not to find what you are looking for.
steenkampc likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dacolson For This Useful Post:
blu.jetta (09-12-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode