Summary of VAG-COM tweaks for the Touareg (T1) 2004-2007 - Page 5 - Club Touareg Forums
 2Likes

post #41 of 154 Old 06-21-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
Does anyone know the "generic" cables that work instead of ross-tech because i only need to fix 2 things and dont feel like dropping tons of money on a cable i'll probably never use again. I found HEX USB CAN VAG-COM for 805.1 but does anyone know if this will work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 154 Old 06-21-2010
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusTouareg View Post
Does anyone know the "generic" cables that work instead of ross-tech because i only need to fix 2 things and dont feel like dropping tons of money on a cable i'll probably never use again. I found HEX USB CAN VAG-COM for 805.1 but does anyone know if this will work?
Generic cables are a crap shoot. You have to know if you want to take the chance on it. I tried one and had no luck with it, but fortunately the place I bought it from had a 30 day return policy on it. I then bought a real Ross Tech cable and have not regretted it.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 154 Old 06-21-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
Sounds good, I'll just meet up with someone local and borrow his if I ever get my Treg back. I guess dealer is waiting for parts for a coolant leak, not exactly sure where it was leaking from or what part they ordered because their customer service sucks and they dont call back, but hoping by end of week I can enjoy my new ride. Had to replace rear driver door for not locking all the time, had to get a whole new locking mechanism and handle etc, I guess sucks not having it but good they are paying for everything. Thanks for your reply Yeti, I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 154 Old 08-13-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
I tried to turn off the navigation system acceptance screen as the directions say but it didn’t work. It changed the display to metric so I know I followed the procedure correctly. My treg is a late ’04 model but still has the CD nav. Any ideas why it wouldn’t work?
post #45 of 154 Old 08-22-2010
Multiple v10tdi owner

Second Vehicle: 2004 V10 TDI
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
I tried to turn off the navigation system acceptance screen as the directions say but it didn’t work. It changed the display to metric so I know I followed the procedure correctly. My treg is a late ’04 model but still has the CD nav. Any ideas why it wouldn’t work?
I have a late 04 also and used the UK code (4) and it worked.
post #46 of 154 Old 08-22-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownvette View Post
I have a late 04 also and used the UK code (4) and it worked.
UK code? The instructions say Europe code. I'll have to try it.
post #47 of 154 Old 11-30-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Thanks Spockcat and Gaijin for those tricks! I ordered the VAG COM yesterday (hoping for a Cyber Monday deal: no such luck! ) and it was delivered overnight!

No more chime, acceptance screen, and optional DRLs.

2006 V8 with Equipment Package #4, 275/40R-20 Michelin Latitude X-ICE XI2 XL on 20" Mountain wheels. Individual "Birch" wood trim set, paddles and start/stop.

post #48 of 154 Old 12-03-2010

Touareg: 2006 V6
Rearview outside mirros change

After changing the "region code" from 2 to 1 (Europe) a not-listed-here change also happened: When I move the driver ouside mirror with the stick (My 2006 Touareg does not have seat and mirror memory) the passenger mirror moves also, in such away as to compensate, so that a driver sitting closer to the weel will see OK; moving back will move both mirrors to thier outside so that there is no need to fix the right mirror separately. I changed the region code to get the 24hour clock (no navigation on this car but an AVIC700installed that is not affected-FM freq.). The change to the mirrors behaviour was someting unexpected. Did anyone else noticed this?
post #49 of 154 Old 12-27-2010
Still Plays With Cars

Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Change turn signal indicator (lane change flash) from 3 to 5 blinks.

In VCDS (VAG-COM), open controller 09-Central Electronics
Select function 10 - Adaptation
In the adaptation window, select channel 02.
Note the stored value (should be 3).
Set the new value to x (x being the number of flashes you desire), and test the output.
Once test has run successfully, hit SAVE, then DONE.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

post #50 of 154 Old 12-28-2010
Still Plays With Cars

Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
After changing the "region code" from 2 to 1 (Europe) a not-listed-here change also happened: When I move the driver ouside mirror with the stick (My 2006 Touareg does not have seat and mirror memory) the passenger mirror moves also, in such away as to compensate, so that a driver sitting closer to the weel will see OK . . .
Go into the MFI and select comfort. Turn off Mirror Sync. I have not noticed this problem when recoding to euro modes.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode